It’s never been truer that a week is a long time in football.

Some of the best wins come when your club is being kicked from pillar to post, when footy brings more angst than joy, when you wonder why you bother. I wasn’t thrilled about going tonight either, the couch looked tempting, but I’m so glad I was there. The effort was outstanding and we saw some brilliant and spectacular football. I’m not sure what the stats say but the hard running was really obvious perched up high with some great efforts by our half forwards to make space and provide an option.

Much as we ridicule the media’s pile on our fans were pretty horrific too. I felt like last week was pretty soul destroying too and also was guilty of catastrophising the loss, but wow how quickly we forget all those other disaster efforts and awful seasons. Strangely we don’t seem as resilient as a fan base as we were when we were truly terrible. Anyway, now we have to hope and expect that same effort ( and coaching dare…wow Ed was a revelation) every week. A stirring win in Perth would really set our season alight.