Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
Jackie Epstein

Essendon ruckman Sam Draper got his first taste of “post pod anxiety” after making a bold declaration on his 200 Plus Podcast.

Draper, who co-hosts with journalist Nick Butler and North Melbourne’s Charlie Comben, recently gave listeners some tradie mail and made a comment about the Western Bulldogs.

“I’ve got a big call about the Doggies... if Bevo (coach Luke Beveridge) is still there there’ll be some players requesting trades,’’ he said.

Draper didn’t name names but also said about out of contract star Bailey Smith: “He’s gone, everyone knows that.”

The forthright comments are welcome for the listeners but Cameron Mooney speaking on The Warm Up on SEN on Tuesday, said the Bombers would have fallen off their chair and gone into meltdown.

“Drapes you just put your foot in it there: you don’t comment on other clubs, buddy,’’ Mooney said.

“I love it and I love Sammy Draper, he is shoot from the hip.

“Great for us, great fodder.

“Keep it coming Sammy we love it.”

Draper said on his podcast this week he felt some “post pod anxiety” but we hope the dedicated big man continues giving honest appraisals.

He also revealed that after the Adelaide match and the controversial finish when he lay on the ball and Essendon won, he’d received near death threats on social media. Lift your game, people.
Tom Morris:

An unusual one… In jest or otherwise, this has caused some issues today for Sam Draper.

@essendonfc’s leaders spoke to him & reminded him & this is not what the club stands for & humility is important.

The club also contacted the @westernbulldogs, who aren’t happy with what Draper said about their coach.

The comments came late last month on Clubby Sports podcast ‘200+’ as the players were role playing as journalists.