Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake cooling on Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    I'm sure global warming and the GFC have something to do with it.
    Geelong Football Club
    Granny's Fried Chicken
    Golden Fried Chips
    (Can you tell its dinner time over here)
    Global Forrestry Coalition
    Grace Fellowship Church
    Gaelic Football Champions (County Kerry - for Tadhg Kennelly)
    Girl's for Change
    Guyana Freedom Cause
    Geodesy Foundation Classes
    Global Financial Crisis

No wonder he hasn't signed yet ... so much weighing on his mind
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Geelong Football Club
    Granny's Fried Chicken
    Golden Fried Chips
    (Can you tell its dinner time over here)
    Global Forrestry Coalition
    Grace Fellowship Church
    Gaelic Football Champions (County Kerry - for Tadhg Kennelly)
    Girl's for Change
    Guyana Freedom Cause
    Geodesy Foundation Classes
    Global Financial Crisis

No wonder he hasn't signed yet ... so much weighing on his mind
    Got Finals Cup.

Great Finals Campaign.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Keepa Movin' Griff Guest

I agree Lemmon, this could have a major impact on the group. From posts written on here regarding Lake we go from a premiership contender if he signs, to struggling to make the eight if he doesn't, that doesn't bode very well for our club regardless! How about this option.

Sign Lakey up for whatever he wants 'within reason' for the 4 years, but HEAVILY weighted to the final 2years when he will be on the Veterans list (you'll see why i'm winking later). Presumably our Premiersip window is in the next one to two seasons, so we really need him for those.

After next season or the season after talk to GC regarding trading Lake for early Draft Picks, GC will want to make an early impression so need some experienced players for their initial seasons especially a KP defender. And due to their immense bank balance and salary cap leverage, will be able to pay greedy Lake higher for his his services then even the inflated value of his final 2 years with us.

Results being;
    - We keep Lake for the next 1-2 years 'premiership window' at a reasonable rate of $$$
    - We flog him off before his final two seasons (where we would have paid inflated $$$)
    - We get 1 or 2 early draft choices for him, as we build to our next premiership assault.
    - If GC aren't interested, his final years only count for 50% in the cap anyway.

What do we think?

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it is not the money. Just thinking from outside the square. Lake, Cooney, Eagleton and their wives are in a joint business venture running Kidz Play Shak in Altona.
    All partners and their wives are close I believe so maybe just maybe Lakey being a good mate wants the Club to sign up Eagleton.

As I said just another theory from left field.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Maybe it is not the money. Just thinking from outside the square. Lake, Cooney, Eagleton and their wives are in a joint business venture running Kidz Play Shak in Altona.
    All partners and their wives are close I believe so maybe just maybe Lakey being a good mate wants the Club to sign up Eagleton.

As I said just another theory from left field.
    I read somewhere a while back that this business was really struggling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I read somewhere a while back that this business was really struggling.
    Another reason why Brian might be looking for the extra $'s.

Post Thanks / Like

I still believe Brian Lake will sign up with the doggies this week.

Will be release at the B&F 03/10/09 when Brian will the it again.

I sure do hope so.

Post Thanks / Like

my spelling and grammar sucks.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been there a number of times with my daughter, a very good place to take the kids on a rainy day, not as loud as some play centres.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfa4pm View Post
    Of course, we'll lose 6 goals when Hargrave is forced to go in a one on one contest with a forward that Lake would usually outmark/compete with. And that's no slight on Shaggy.
    Since when has Hargrave been the second tall? It would be Tommygun or Boumann or some other such gorilla type that we trade in to cover for the loss of Brian. Shaggy will continue on his merry way playing on the guys he normally plays on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    I have been there a number of times with my daughter, a very good place to take the kids on a rainy day, not as loud as some play centres.
    Just found out last night that a good friend of our family also has been there a number of times with her kids and speaks very highly of it too.
    Heres hoping we can read some positive news on Brian soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Just found out last night that a good friend of our family also has been there a number of times with her kids and speaks very highly of it too.
    Heres hoping we can read some positive news on Brian soon.
    Perhaps we can make up a big sign and drape it against the window of the playcentre?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Perhaps we can make up a big sign and drape it against the window of the playcentre?
    Maybe 21 prelim players could visit him during the week and ask if the extra cash is worth killing their premiership hopes next season.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Since when has Hargrave been the second tall? It would be Tommygun or Boumann or some other such gorilla type that we trade in to cover for the loss of Brian. Shaggy will continue on his merry way playing on the guys he normally plays on.
    You've got a short memory if you only remember Shaggy fighting in his weight category. That poor guy has spent plenty of time grabbing Riewoldt, Kosi, Richo, Petrie et al by the arms and giving away frees. I remain unconvinced on Williams, and Boumann hasn't played a senior game yet (though I confess to being unsure of his current readiness).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfa4pm View Post
    You've got a short memory if you only remember Shaggy fighting in his weight category. That poor guy has spent plenty of time grabbing Riewoldt, Kosi, Richo, Petrie et al by the arms and giving away frees. I remain unconvinced on Williams, and Boumann hasn't played a senior game yet (though I confess to being unsure of his current readiness).
    We all remember Shaggy being monstered, and it is now an established fact that he should never play on talls. If we know this, I'm sure Rocket does too.

I think we would be playing Cam Wight back on a tall before we put Shaggy up against Riewoldt or Richo ever again.