Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hargy / Morris future...

Quote Originally Posted by rapidshave View Post
    I'd like to see Hargrave play on the wing, he is damaging on the run and can get it down long to our lead up forwards.
    Hargrave is a terrific shot for goal, there aren't many he misses, if he sneaks forward and has a few seconds to way up the situation he generally finishes well both on the run, and snaps.

Its been very rare that we have ever played him as a forward for any length of time - if we didn't have Johnson I think he could probably be a reasonable full forward, but would need space to lead into etc

We may miss him his kickouts as the major reliever to Gilbee, but I guess Griffen may pick up some of that slack also.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I'd leave Hargy at the back and move Everitt forward. He is too good a footballer to be playing defence. He is more natually creative than Hargy and better skilled.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Hargrave is a terrific shot for goal, there aren't many he misses, if he sneaks forward and has a few seconds to way up the situation he generally finishes well both on the run, and snaps.
    His running goal against Collingwood was one of our clubs goals of the year IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    His running goal against Collingwood was one of our clubs goals of the year IMO.
    I just love it when Hargrave makes his move from down back and you just can sense that he is ready to do one of those running goals. I really enjoy watching him take that risk and especially if it pays off. He is a good person off the field aswell, quite funny.

Post Thanks / Like

hargrave is a very similiar player to the west coast eagles adam hunter in that he is a great defender but can also sneak forward and kick a goal and provide good drive. I think with williams developing and harris holding down the full back position hargrave will become an even better player because he wont be battling out of his weight division and he won't be playing on the oppositions second best tall forward, which will let him create more.

Post Thanks / Like

Hunter is slightly stronger in the body and can take a good grab. Hargrave is a good runner and can kick. I think Adam Hunter is over rated. Everyone carries on when he kicks goals from the backline, but he very rarely beats a 'good' opponent. eg Rocca 3rd quarter semi final.

Post Thanks / Like

i think his a great footballer with a great footy brain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sonofthewest View Post
    hargrave is a very similiar player to the west coast eagles adam hunter in that he is a great defender but can also sneak forward and kick a goal and provide good drive. I think with williams developing and harris holding down the full back position hargrave will become an even better player because he wont be battling out of his weight division and he won't be playing on the oppositions second best tall forward, which will let him create more.
    Sorry SOTW but it's a bit hard to read with everything in lower case but yes there are some similarities between Hargrave and Hunter. Hunter though is a far more explosive power player than Hargrave.
    Shaggy is at his most damaging when he peels of his oppenent and pushes forward

Post Thanks / Like

What do you mean by "eplosive power player"?

Post Thanks / Like

What do you mean by "eplosive power player"?
    My guess it's a reflection that Hunter is a power player who does things on the burst whereas Hargrave is more of a smooth mover who uses guile to set up rebounding options.

Post Thanks / Like

The one who i can't see slotting in next year is Dylan Addison,i just don't see a spot in the team for him. Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Tough one. Many rate him, but I'm yet to be convinced. yes he is tough and hard at the football, but for mine he doesn't get it often enough and when he does he doesn't use it well enough. Has time to develop, but I think the next 2 years will tell. Tim Callan coming hasn't helped his cause.

Post Thanks / Like

The one who i can't see slotting in next year is Dylan Addison,i just don't see a spot in the team for him. Any thoughts?
    He is behind a few others no doubt but I'm sure he will works his way into the side next season and from there who knows. I think what others see in him is that he attacks the ball and is a very good runner. A spot in defence either next season or the one after that is a real chance.
    Bulldog Pride will never die

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Tough one. Many rate him, but I'm yet to be convinced. yes he is tough and hard at the football, but for mine he doesn't get it often enough and when he does he doesn't use it well enough. Has time to develop, but I think the next 2 years will tell. Tim Callan coming hasn't helped his cause.
    Agree that he is behind a few others and especially Callan but thats a good thing for him in the longer run.
    Bulldog Pride will never die