6. Scott Selwood 10.49
    Patrick McGinnity 10.49
    Matthew Lobbe 10.49
    9. Matthew Kreuzer 10.51
    10.Tony Armstrong 10.54
    Chris Kangars 10.54

Bulldogs_6 Guest

Re: Alex Rance and other fans' views of the Dogs

As i said he wasn't happy not to feature and with his results in general, he knows what hes capable of. Sorry if ive built him up a lot, but he can play good football and will be a gun. Don't think anyone has ever seen him as a winger but he can feature there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs_6 View Post
    As i said he wasn't happy not to feature and with his results in general, he knows what hes capable of. Sorry if ive built him up a lot, but he can play good football and will be a gun. Don't think anyone has ever seen him as a winger but he can feature there.
    Agreed. He is a good footballer and should go well at the draft.

Post Thanks / Like

It would seem that players selected to play defence often end up in the forward line though - I think Harris would make a great full forward - but we can't afford to loose him in the backline.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogs_r_barking View Post
    It would seem that players selected to play defence often end up in the forward line though - I think Harris would make a great full forward - but we can't afford to loose him in the backline.
    Rance has been played as a forward on occasions as well. Agreed that moving Harris on a permanent basis is not an option.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogs_r_barking View Post

Cant we? Arent we better placed to cover a full back than we are stocked for big, mobile, powerful, long kicking, intelligent users of the ball in the forward line?

I'm not sure that Harris is entirely comfortable in the backline either. I reckon we've got plenty of tall defenders and could afford to experiment with Harris as a power forward.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Cant we? Arent we better placed to cover a full back than we are stocked for big, mobile, powerful, long kicking, intelligent users of the ball in the forward line?

I'm not sure that Harris is entirely comfortable in the backline either. I reckon we've got plenty of tall defenders and could afford to experiment with Harris as a power forward.
    Yes, Yes, Yes...

I have said on BF over the past week (does anyone still read BF???) that I would like to trial Harris as a FF early next year with Williams and McDougall playing as key defenders with help from Wight, Everitt, etc..

Even if we draft a potential power forward in the draft there bodies will not allow them to play this role next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Yes, Yes, Yes...

I have said on BF over the past week (does anyone still read BF???) that I would like to trial Harris as a FF early next year with Williams and McDougall playing as key defenders with help from Wight, Everitt, etc..

Even if we draft a potential power forward in the draft there bodies will not allow them to play this role next year.
    I've never been overly confident of Harris' ability to play FF, but one thing he will do is give you a contest and he can take a contested mark. I'm all for trying him there in the pre-season. I think it's a positive to have Harris, McD and Williams in the side as it gives us some flexibility we haven't had for most of the last few years, ie. if a tall back is getting beat we can switch players around and I don't mean putting Morris or Hargrave on a player that's clearly to big for them. Like I said I'm not super confident in it working but we're better placed now to try it than we have been in previous years.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I've never been overly confident of Harris' ability to play FF, but one thing he will do is give you a contest and he can take a contested mark. I'm all for trying him there in the pre-season. I think it's a positive to have Harris, McD and Williams in the side as it gives us some flexibility we haven't had for most of the last few years, ie. if a tall back is getting beat we can switch players around and I don't mean putting Morris or Hargrave on a player that's clearly to big for them. Like I said I'm not super confident in it working but we're better placed now to try it than we have been in previous years.

If big Breizer could get half the contested ball in the forward line that he gets in the backline we'd be a much better team. Besides when Harris demanded the ball I reckon even Johnno would kick it to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    If big Breizer could get half the contested ball in the forward line that he gets in the backline we'd be a much better team. Besides when Harris demanded the ball I reckon even Johnno would kick it to him.
    I'm more worried about what he does when he gets it.
    I saw him have a couple of shots at goal this year and he didn't fill me with confidence
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I'm more worried about what he does when he gets it.
    I saw him have a couple of shots at goal this year and he didn't fill me with confidence

BBB is a confidence player. Once they started going through for him he'd kick plenty. At least we can all agree he'd get more shots on goal than most others on our list.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also for experimenting with Harris up forwards. Between McDougall, Williams, Everitt and Wight we have quite a lot of backline options.

I'm uncertain about playing Wight, Williams or Everitt forward at this stage and McDougall seems much more suited to a defensive role in my opinion.

I guess Eade suggesting Minson to be trialled as a forward is also going to be interesting. He could yet be the surprise packet we've been waiting for.

Post Thanks / Like

No Rance for me, it's Henderson or Mc evoy at pick 5 and then take maybe a Scott Simpson or Rob Tarrant at 35