Quote Originally Posted by gogriff View Post
TBB, I think you are a great poster, but I can't follow your argument here
You want us to give a good account of ourselves, but you want to keep Harbrow, Murphy & Higgins out in order to test out the young guys? Plus you want to rest guys? That's what you do when you don't much care about the result, not the opposite.

I think Hill was purely a substitute - he didn't earn his spot, and didn't work to keep it either - I can live with the others staying in, but not Hill.
I certainly won't lose sleep if we lose, but naturally I hope we play well. We beat them in Round 21 last year and we all thought we had their measure heading into the first week of the finals. We were never really in the game, despite the result only being 14 points in the end. This Saturday Night won't determine whether or not we can beat the top sides - the finals will.

I'd bring Harbrow and Murphy back - not Higgins. He can't run - I watched him closely v North Melbourne and he struggled to cover the ground. Both Higgins and Ward should at least play a week at Williamstown IMO.

Moles doesn't offer us much as I've explained already. He's not bad in a contested situation but he doesn't get enough of it and uses it poorly. Hill was poor - but I'd like to see him given a chance on a dry track against good opposition before discarding him from season 2010. Despite his bad year, he's still kicked quite a few goals and is one of our few players who can take a mark overhead.

I care more about the processes and finding out which of our younger/fringe players can 'stand up', as opposed to winning with a full strength side and getting ahead of ourselves.