Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stop the Saints!

Quote Originally Posted by LongWait View Post
    Turn the thing around - make them stop us! I saw a few signs of the Ballistic Bulldogs returning last night. Play with dash and dare. Throw caution to the wind I say. If we play the game on the Saints' terms we are toast.
    Thats what the coach told the players to do after half time.

The biggest issue for us will be who will kick the goals? We smashed the Swans with inside 50's but we couldn't score.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

The biggest issue for us will be who will kick the goals? We smashed the Swans with inside 50's but we couldn't score.
    The quality of delivery I50 was poor, but we didn't really have many avenues to goal except Hall until Murf was shifted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    The quality of delivery I50 was poor, but we didn't really have many avenues to goal except Hall until Murf was shifted.
    In the past midfielders have also kicked goals as well as the Johnno's, Akers etc, so we need the Griffens, Boyds and Wards to all contribute.

I agree the quality of delivery into the 50 was poor, but no one was presenting (other than Hall). Grant as has stated in other threads is overrawed by finals footy and needs a session with the sports pyscho, Hooper first gamer can't blame him, Gia played the perfect crumbing role.

The switch of Murphy to the forward line is going to be necessary again.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If Morris is back he will go to Riewoldt - if not Williams is probably next but does anyone think Shaggy could do that job??

Who ever plays on Goodard needs to make him accountable - so we will need to play thru whom ever that might be..

Picken on Hayes - we need Boyd to play his natural game and be attacking rather than defensive..

We need to spread the St Kilda defensive zone, isolate them one on one with leg speed getting to Barry's contests. Gia, Grant even Hooper (if he gets another chance)

Love to see Murph play HF - was great to see him Mark turn and go last night!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bitofbite View Post
    If Morris is back he will go to Riewoldt - if not Williams is probably next but does anyone think Shaggy could do that job??

Who ever plays on Goodard needs to make him accountable - so we will need to play thru whom ever that might be..

Picken on Hayes - we need Boyd to play his natural game and be attacking rather than defensive..

We need to spread the St Kilda defensive zone, isolate them one on one with leg speed getting to Barry's contests. Gia, Grant even Hooper (if he gets another chance)

Love to see Murph play HF - was great to see him Mark turn and go last night!!!
    No.

Hargrave on Milne is a good match up for us I think. On talls, he's too panicky for mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Thats what the coach told the players to do after half time.

It's not always how often you get the ball inside 50 but how. Ballistic Bulldogs footy sees the ball enter the 50 really quickly, catching defenders off guard as they press up the ground. Gia, Murphy and Hall will be a real handfull for the Saints if the ball comes in quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    I hope I'm wrong but I am worried that if Tom Willams has to play most of the game on Riewoldt, Fred Fanning's record will be in danger. If Adam Goodes could kick, he could have kicked 8 and won the game for the Swans last night.

I am a big fan of Tommy but he just gets lost playing on these power running lead up forwards. He loves playing on the Buddy Franklins of the comp who want to make it a test of strength.

I know what you mean but a few times last night you could see Tommy make a massive run
    to cover Goodes at the last moment when Goodes had got free, when he wasn't even Toms man. It made Tom look bad a couple of times but it wasn't his fault.