Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fevola faces axe from Lions

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post

Besides him at one stage being sponsored to play (not his money for the most part)
    he had lost something like $5k in 3 months.

This bit intrigues me. I understand that you have debunked the fact it wasnt Fev the poster was talking about but let's say for argument's sake it was. Even if it isnt his own money he was using is it still a problem with his rehab that he is gambling?

Is the problem, a/ the fact he is still gambling?(no matter whose money he was using) b/the fact he doesnt seem to be very good at gambling or c/gambling in itself.

Lot's of people make a good living from gambling successfully-are they addicts too or is it just the mugs that do their dough who are considered to have a problem?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Lot's of people make a good living from gambling successfully-are they addicts too or is it just the mugs that do their dough who are considered to have a problem?
    In my opinion an addict is someone who agrees that he is gambling more than he should and the urge to keep doing so is stronger than what his own common sense is telling him.

Fev isn't in a good enough place to say I have a problem with the horses or cards but not with poker machines.

BTW, plenty of successful gamblers still have gambling problems.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    In my opinion an addict is someone who agrees that he is gambling more than he should and the urge to keep doing so is stronger than what his own common sense is telling him.

Yep. That's a good succint definition. Urge is the key word I reckon.

BTW There's an accountant's office near where I live. About a year ago I walked past his office one sunday morning about 8.30am on the way to the supermarket. The door opened and a bloke walked out (along with a plume of smoke) and I noticed there was half a dozen blokes sitting around his desk playing poker-Texas hold 'em from memory.

They had obviously been sitting there all night playing and I can remember thinking "I must cross him off my list of accountants I will use". Just lately I've noticed he's been having a bit of trouble with smashed windows and other acts of vandallism to his office. I wonder if the two things are connected?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    This bit intrigues me. I understand that you have debunked the fact it wasnt Fev the poster was talking about but let's say for argument's sake it was. Even if it isnt his own money he was using is it still a problem with his rehab that he is gambling?

Is the problem, a/ the fact he is still gambling?(no matter whose money he was using) b/the fact he doesnt seem to be very good at gambling or c/gambling in itself.

Sorry it was Fev (this is dating back 2-3 years now btw) but he wasn't some reckless moron losing a load of money (comparable to ones salary) doing it.

It is certainly an issue for him and 1 that he needs to sort and he needs to get it into his head that poker and pokies are still a major problem for him.

Post Thanks / Like

More drama:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226030225912

Fev is one messed up dude.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]