Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round #5 - Slaps and Sledges

Stack made a couple of crucial spoils that he had no right getting to, just out of sheer will and determination.

His work rate was top notch and to me, proved that there is something worth persisting with.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    I thought Stack showed a bit, sure he made a crucial error in the last, more experienced players did the same
    That crucial error was because he received a handball from Grant who put him under pressure. Grant himself was being tackled but why he didn't kick towards goal baffles me. He decided to turn around and hanball to Stack, but then again they were both under pressure and executed incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Stack made a couple of crucial spoils that he had no right getting to, just out of sheer will and determination.

His work rate was top notch and to me, proved that there is something worth persisting with.
    Spot on Comrade.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    He was easily seen, under two or 3 Freo players, waiting for someone to kick it over his head. He wasn't helped by the shocking decisions/kicks by his teammates.
    When the news that Hall was coming to the dogs was released, I was excited. Not because I was visualising him kicking 5-6 goals a game but for the above reason. All I kept seeing in my mind was 2-3 key defenders runing with Hall leaving the usual smaller FWDs (at that time, Aker, Johnno etc) of the WBs to run riot.
    Last night I saw the 2-3 defenders with Hall, but no Grant / Higgins options till the last 15mins!
    If this had happened earlier then Freo would have adjusted, then the delivery into Hall one on one could have started.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HairyMidget View Post
    When the news that Hall was coming to the dogs was released, I was excited. Not because I was visualising him kicking 5-6 goals a game but for the above reason. All I kept seeing in my mind was 2-3 key defenders runing with Hall leaving the usual smaller FWDs (at that time, Aker, Johnno etc) of the WBs to run riot.
    [B]Last night I saw the 2-3 defenders with Hall, but no Grant / Higgins options till the last 15mins!
    If this had happened earlier then Freo would have adjusted, then the delivery into Hall one on one could have started.[B]
    Exactly, but for whatever reason, most times this happens there's no one even near the ball.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone give me a Pauline (please explain) on the decision makers kicking the ball constantly to a one on 3? Would have thought having a key forward for now two bloody years they'd have some structure or system worked out.

Dogmatic Guest

Slap - Morris is always good even when the team is horrible.

Sledge - Rocket for accepting mediocrity and being please with our efforts. It's not good enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post

The sledge is not for our 2 worst players on the night.

He 100% let the team down with that play. It lost us the match.

He had a pretty good game IMO and we should keep him in the side for next week but I hope the boys and coaches tell him that it was a big mistake. He is young and is new to defense so he will improve and we have to be willing to accept his mistakes down there.

Exactly right, Topdog.

I think Stack played very well last night. I even mentioned that in my post that put ReLoad's knickers in a twist:

Quote Originally Posted by The Rocket View Post

Stack. Ruined one of his best games for the club by manufacturing Fremantle victory when we were seven points up. Brutally hard to pick on one turnover in a game of turnovers, but that passage of play was the difference between us winning the game and losing it.

Regardless of how well he played, his turnover was clearly the most costly mistake on the night because it happened at the worst time and was the result of panic and not poor skill execution.

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post

I'm not sold on stack wither way, but this is some serious singling out and unfair pressure your putting on him.
    He's playing senior football; not kick to kick at a local park. I'm sure that he's man enough to cop the criticism that he'd have received internally from his mistake and learn from it.

cambo Guest

The single most costly mistakes were by our brownlow medal winner, direct oppostion scoring shots from missed shots at goal. The dockers kicked 2.1 from Cooneys missed shot kick ins.

Thats a direct flaw as opposed to some rookie kid who has played less games than ive got fingers.

Stack ran, chased hard, tackled, intercepted, spoiled etc, just like a kid who was having a real crack. yes he made a mistake, but there were far worse than stacky last night. What about the first two freo goals where Lake was off doing his mental sudoku or whatever the hell he does during his brain fades?

I'm not sold on stack wither way, but this is some serious singling out and unfair pressure your putting on him.

For him to be in our worst 2 players of the night, is just plain wrong.
    Are you guys sure your not getting Stack and J Hill mixed up, I was at game and thought Stack was great and J Hill was his normal not interested self

Post Thanks / Like

Boyd was sensational today, you picked the wrong guy to sledge there.
    From an article on the Bulldogs' website entitled 'Boyd takes blame despite his record show':

"It doesn’t mean much really. It's not how much you get, it's what you do with it and unfortunately I made a few mistakes with the ball that cost us a goal or two towards the end," Boyd said.

cambo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by West-Dog View Post
    Slap on the back to the MC - Lake, Williams AND Markovic in the backline , its a work in progress but it works

Sledge : Forward structure ? What forward structure ?

100% agree with you post