Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day 2011 - R5 Western Bulldogs vs Fremantle

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I would say skills were down more to the greasy ball than due to the pressure. Their pressure was good, but I would say ours was much better.

As for Boyd, he did a few good things but he still tries to do too much. 45 touches at 60% efficiency is still 27 effective touches, but those extra 18 could have been better utilised by our 'better' ball users.
    When your forwards are not on the move, pretty hard to pinpoint delivery to them dont you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Agree with this, we have leaked like a sieve against the best teams of late. Hence why I think restricting Freo to 85 points (should have been 71 points) on their own patch is a step in the right direction defensively. Worth noting that Freo kicked about the same score against the Cats earlier this season and missed a hatful of gettable goals in that match.
    Yes Freo should be undefeated, they threw away that game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

So glad for my “try to wait one day before posting” rule this year…

What I took out of Monday night was our effort. It was there for the entire game. That's all I want. It was a totally different loss to Round 1, and as long as we take that effort into the Collingwood match and they bleed red white and blue for 4 quarters, I don't give a toss what the result is.

It will be different come the business end of the season, of course, but for the moment the key thing to take away is that the boys are not laying down to die, nor are they imploding and blaming each other like St Kilda are.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    So glad for my “try to wait one day before posting” rule this year…

What I took out of Monday night was our effort. It was there for the entire game. That's all I want. It was a totally different loss to Round 1, and as long as we take that effort into the Collingwood match and they bleed red white and blue for 4 quarters, I don't give a toss what the result is.

It will be different come the business end of the season, of course, but for the moment the key thing to take away is that the boys are not laying down to die, nor are they imploding and blaming each other like St Kilda are.

Agree.

Sometimes close games go your way, other times they dont.

We also have to remember that we are playing Libba, Roughead, Stack, Wallis, Jones (not last week) and Markovic- all with less than 20 games experience.

With Gia, Hargrave, and a fitter Cooney, Hall, Gilbee and Lake we are a vastly superior side.

Hey- if we played keepings off when we were 2 goals up in the last quarter, and Muphy didnt kick the ball out of bounds from a kick in, then the result may have been a tad different.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dog House View Post
    Agree.

Sometimes close games go your way, other times they dont.

We also have to remember that we are playing Libba, Roughead, Stack, Wallis, Jones (not last week) and Markovic- all with less than 20 games experience.

With Gia, Hargrave, and a fitter Cooney, Hall, Gilbee and Lake we are a vastly superior side.

Hey- if we played keepings off when we were 2 goals up in the last quarter, and Muphy didnt kick the ball out of bounds from a kick in, then the result may have been a tad different.....
    Freo had quite a few out themselves Dog House.

If Freo didn't hand us a few goals in the last quarter by dropping easy marks inside their defensive 50 then the game would of been over a lot earlier. Easy to play the what if game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dog House View Post

I don't know if we should be relying on these players to pull us out of trouble. Hargrave, Hall and Gilbee are all showing signs of age. Who knows what's going on with Cooney. Maybe even Brian is starting to rust a little.

Not saying all is lost, but perhaps we are in a building phase this year rather than having a red hot crack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    I don't know if we should be relying on these players to pull us out of trouble. Hargrave, Hall and Gilbee are all showing signs of age. Who knows what's going on with Cooney. Maybe even Brian is starting to rust a little.
    Not saying all is lost, but perhaps we are in a building phase this year rather than having a red hot crack.

He made some clangers V freo... just going through the replay on AFL.com.au.

In terms of foward line without Barry, you would have to say yes. Rebuilding.
    We'll get good value out of him this season I hope before he hangs up the boots.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Shaggy can get back to good form and Easton can come back in as well. This should provide more run and free up Murph and Even Lake at times to move forward depending on the need for lead up forward or another clunking mark type.

Against Freo we looked at our best when we ran through the forward 50 line rather than kicking into the 50. If not for Cooneys misses I reckon this would be even more pronounced.