Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's Your Footy Bugbear?

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I love when they scream kick it, kick it, KICK IT (despite there being no one in our forward half), and then when a player blindly bombs it into a sea of waiting defenders they shout "oh, who to!"
    It's just a frustration from the fans who can see no clear game plan, or that the players are not following the game plan. I think fans would prefer to see the ball turned over 60 metres up field than a holding the ball decision for excessive hand balls in the back half.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    It's just a frustratiopn from the fans who can see no clear game plan, or that the players are not following the game plan. I think fans would prefer to see the ball turned over 60 metres up field than a holding the ball decision for excessive hand balls in the back half.
    Then those fans struggle to understand what they're watching. The idea that giving the ball away 60m up the field is some sort of safe haven is rediculous. With the speed players can move the ball both via kicking and run and carry if given open space, as a team you're better off to get caught holding the ball where you can slow play down in an area you have players, than you are to mindlessly give the ball away even if you gain a few metres.

So like I said, mindlessly shouting kick it, kick it, KICK IT.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    It's just a frustration from the fans who can see no clear game plan, or that the players are not following the game plan. I think fans would prefer to see the ball turned over 60 metres up field than a holding the ball decision for excessive hand balls in the back half.
    No, they're just fools.