Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sniffing at the trade table

^As for the above, not comparing Clarke to Cooney or Lake just yet. He's clearly not in their league however, he could get there and for Brisbane he's about as promising as it gets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Whilst I do agree with you I'd imagine this years trade week report would be pretty boring. It could pretty much be summed up as the following: "We took the only deals offered for the dead wood we had on the trade table. Anything we tried to instigate we were outbidded on or were rejected on the basis of highly specific homesickness".
    I'd just like to see what our aims and plans were. Perhaps this is giving too much information away though.

Post Thanks / Like

The Lions stuff was great from a supporters point of view... A great insight into the thinking behind things, especially the Clarke deal. Of most interest to me was Freo's complacency the first few days of the week (Ross Lyon written all over it) and the Lions thoughts on the difference between pick 12 and 16 for getting an A grader into their list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    The Lions thoughts on the difference between pick 12 and 16 for getting an A grader into their list.
    Considering we have 17, this was a biggie to me. They obviously have someone in mind.

Getting an invite to the draft a few years back (Howards year) I was amazed at how close the club knew what the draft order would be.

Howard was rated 14 on our list and the other 13 went in the 14 picks before our pick. From memory Kane Lucas was the only one we didn't rate.

Post Thanks / Like

Delists are coming through thick and fast from all clubs. I wonder when ours will be?

Jordan Jones and Callum Wilson have been delisted by West Coast
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Delists are coming through thick and fast from all clubs. I wonder when ours will be?

Jordan Jones and Callum Wilson have been delisted by West Coast
    I wouldn't mind picking up Wilson with a late pick.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but I found this article by Brisbane Lions Talent Manager Rob Kerr to be amazing. In it, he describes the process and rationale behind each of their trades.

Also confirms that they did chase Tippett, offering pick 8, or pick 12 + a later pick.

If I was a Brisbane supporter I would be absolutely stoked to receive this kind of information from my club, and I would love to see something similar from the Dogs (not necessarily because I have any problems with what we did in trade week, but more so because it shows that clubs can make this kind of information accessible to members).

Link
    And we get a Bulldogs TV interview with Fantasia that told us nothing new. Wonder whether he was referring to Tippet as the contracted player they chased.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Considering we have 17, this was a biggie to me. They obviously have someone in mind.

Getting an invite to the draft a few years back (Howards year) I was amazed at how close the club knew what the draft order would be.

Howard was rated 14 on our list and the other 13 went in the 14 picks before our pick. From memory Kane Lucas was the only one we didn't rate.
    A KPP I would say.

Post Thanks / Like

Kerr is just rehashing what was reported.
    We all knew they wanted Tippet, they wanted the best deal for Clark( good sense)
    They needed a second big bodied ruck ( the Beard)
    Smart move by Freo not paying that exorbitant amount for Clark, let's face it the Mexican standoff has been perfected by all parties in Trade week.