Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lost Dogs home plea

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    The main point in buying a membership is you get a discount over buying at the gate each week and the money goes to your club instead of the stadium.
    Do you really the merchandise makes a difference in why people buy membership? They can buy better quality and for less than a membership price at the shop. Of course wearing colours, hats, etc promote the club but they don't add much real value to the membership.
    Yep I buy my daughter junior membership every year for the merchandise she loves it and hardly goes to a game.

Pet membership doesnt get animals into games, either does the baby one (forget what its called) dont underestimate what membership with merchandise added gets.

Hawthorn played the pets membership first and added to their figures membership by about 10,000, it was called a joke at the time but it bought a heap of new members with it.
    Its not all about going to games.
    One poster here has already said 3 of his mates went to AFL membership because their club one gave them nothing.
    How many members has Collingwood lost to this who knows but thats three less we know of just mentioning it on a bulldog site.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Yep I buy my daughter junior membership every year for the merchandise she loves it and hardly goes to a game.

Pet membership doesnt get animals into games, either does the baby one (forget what its called) dont underestimate what membership with merchandise added gets.

Hawthorn played the pets membership first and added to their figures membership by about 10,000, it was called a joke at the time but it bought a heap of new members with it.
    One poster here has already said 3 of his mates went to AFL membership because their club one gave them nothing.
    How many members has Collingwood lost to this who knows but thats three less we know of just mentioning it on a bulldog site.
    I don't know if membership plays any part in it, but Collingwood has 10,000 AFL members, double the next highest.

Playing 18 games a year at the MCG would play a big role in that however.

Post Thanks / Like

No offence I don't see her and her type being long term membership buyers. Don't tell her she can buy better quality stuff for less. The core reason you buy membership is for the football and support your club.

Yes the pet had a choice in it. If you want to donate money to club for cheap import toys with your club colours then do it.
    Human members are what the club really needs. If the can attend games the better.
    Nothing as in what? Guaranteed G Finals access? Entry to away games? I doubt it's because Collingwood wouldnt give them a 5c lanyard.
    The point of buying membership is the money goes to your club.
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 18-04-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I bet they are spewing, you get the keyrings and all they get is to see their club as serious challengers.

I suppose they are Demon fans. I'd take the leather arm patches for the tweed jacket over that ridiculous seat warmer.
    So you think because you dont get a keyring etc you will be successful?
    Why not both?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

No offence I don't see her and her type being long term membership buyers. Don't tell her she can buy better quality stuff for less. The core reason you buy membership is for the football and support your club.

Yes the pet had a choice in it. If you want to donate money to club for cheap import toys with your club colours then do it.Human members are what the club really needs. If the can attend games the better.

Nothing as in what? Guaranteed G Finals access? Entry to away games? I doubt it's because Collingwood would give them a 5c lanyard.
    The point of buying membership is the money goes to your club.
    You just confirmed my point people buy membership for animals or kids for the merchandise and to be called a member.
    Your not going to buy a animal or baby membership if you get nothing.
    You said it was all about going to games.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

You just confirmed my point people buy membership for animals or kids for the merchandise and to be called a member.
    Your not going to buy a animal or baby membership if you get nothing.
    You said it was all about going to games.
    You believe what you want to believe.

Tell us more about what these Collingwood members miss out on?

ANN LEE Guest

If more supporters signed up as Bulldogs for life members , the club would be better off. It is an easy way to pay, instead of having to find a large sum of money all at once. The membership packages arrived before Xmas. People who wait to see if we win the first few games are doing the club a disservice. I am confidant the boys will play better this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    What's the quote about minding it for our children?

We have a responsibility to the game as well. 180 runs per day nearly ruined cricket in the 1960's.

If every game consisted of that boring crap we dished up then footy would quickly become a minor sport.
    Highly unlikely . The fickle fan likes winning
    Refer to older posters but the 60-61 Windies series was one of the most popular of all time