Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I'll play elsewhere, says Gilbee

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    coldstream are going to be right pissed off over this article.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    If he can make it back to some sort of form I would like to try him at the half forward flank.

He would handy if he could get a bit of space and pin point passes, he maybe past his prime but a defender would have to watch him.
    This ^^

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greggles View Post
    This ^^
    Would he be any better / worse than ShaunHiggins?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Would he be any better / worse than ShaunHiggins?
    At least Higgins is getting on the ground.

Don't think Gilbee has said nor done anything wrong, as indicated by previous posters he has just answered a series of questions.

Given the Doggies great service, but are at a stage of rebuilding and can't see him being on our list next year or for that matter any other sides.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

There is an actual video of the interview unfortunately it's not on the link you'll have to look it up in the video section.

I don't know why Gilbee's being attacked by posters he was asked about his injury and how far away he is from playing, asked about his contract and he said it's his last, asked if he wants to keep playing even if at another club and said he would. Nothing wrong with that is there?

I think he could be an asset this season considering how poor we use the ball by foot.

It's actually a pretty good interview/segment. They go over the game on Friday night and have some funny stories about Gilbee at the end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    At least Higgins is getting on the ground.

Don't think Gilbee has said nor done anything wrong, as indicated by previous posters he has just answered a series of questions.

Given the Doggies great service, but are at a stage of rebuilding and can't see him being on our list next year or for that matter any other sides.
    It's a tough game and a long season. Good to have him around. Wish his foot skills would rub off on a few others.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Hillside Sharks are looking for players Gilb

All jokes aside, the Gilbee of old would be a welcome addition to our side, but it would be at the expense of a developing young player, so thanks but no thanks. I loved Gilbee in his day but we haven't seen anything close to his best bar one freakish game against the Tigers last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Good on him.

Players like Gilbee are always the forgotten men throughout a rebuild. They could improve the performance of the side in specific roles when fit, though they are clearly not part of the future.

Sure he's probably just answering questions asked of him, and has been made the subject of editorial preferences however, he's showed some confidence in his ability and put himself forward for another crack.

Stewie Dew was a fat arse only a couple of months before being drafted by the Hawks. By the time he played in the GF 2008 he was still in the fat arse classification, and even after an early season hamstring injury he was able to contribute to a premiership.

Gilbee shouldn't just narrow his sights towards a development side, he should get himself fit and either push his cause for playing for the Bulldogs next year, or look to playing for a side that is in contention and needs a top up of skillful players for a tilt at the flag.

Good luck to him, I say.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I think the Hillside Sharks are looking for players Gilb

All jokes aside, the Gilbee of old would be a welcome addition to our side, but it would be at the expense of a developing young player, so thanks but no thanks. I loved Gilbee in his day but we haven't seen anything close to his best bar one freakish game against the Tigers last year.
    Thet just got Kouta down there, do you have something to do with that club?
    I was playing at that cricket club for 5 years on the committee and vice president for a year.

Gilbee has had injury problems maybe his body has given way, if fit he is still of value, especially after losing Harbrow and now Wood.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Least he's not being a dickhead about it and is handling it like a man . Good luck to him whichever way it turns out . Was always a nice guy if not the sharpest tool in the shed.
    Last edited by Greystache; 09-05-2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Swear filter avoidance

Post Thanks / Like

Easy to forget how many very good players from a couple years back aren't running out for us this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Stewie Dew was a fat arse only a couple of months before being drafted by the Hawks.
    Strange analogy. I would have thought someone like Ben Hudson or Cameron Bruce was a better reference point.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

With Gilbee getting back from injury if he could get into some reasonable form could we use him as a link up man. Play him on the wing or high half forward, if his kicking skills are still there could he give us better entry into our forward line.

Or is he too far past his use by date.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    With Gilbee getting back from injury if he could get into some reasonable form could we use him as a link up man. Play him on the wing or high half forward, if his kicking skills are still there could he give us better entry into our forward line.

Or is he too far past his use by date.
    he should play a couple of games late in the year as part of a send off but in my opinion we shouldn't be planning too much around bringing him back into the seniors.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"