Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dog 'in dark place'

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Really? there were other blokes from the club with him?
    Yeah, it's been widely reported.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...806-23qf0.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

If that's how it went down then that's not so bad.

Yet, off the field, this incident has uncovered what some club officials fear is an underlying issue about the friendships he has retained from St Kevin's College
    St Kevin's had a particularly bad reputation for drugs in the '70s and '80s. I dont know what the situation is now though.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    St Kevin's had a particularly bad reputation for drugs in the '70s and '80s. I dont know what the situation is now though.
    My daughter, (now first year at Uni), who went to a private school in the area says most private school boys try drugs. If you think that is a sweeping statement, well I can tell you, the kids that go to the private schools in Hawthorn/Kew area, all know each other (particularly in their year levels).

As a parent this is very concerning especially now that she is over 18 and going out to clubs. However, the girls/boys she goes out with all look out for each other.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    My daughter, (now first year at Uni), who went to a private school in the area says most private school boys try drugs. If you think that is a sweeping statement, well I can tell you, the kids that go to the private schools in Hawthorn/Kew area, all know each other (particularly in their year levels).

As a parent this is very concerning especially now that she is over 18 and going out to clubs. However, the girls/boys she goes out with all look out for each other.
    Kids that go to private schools take drugs for sure, and kids that go to state schools also give it a crack.

The difference is in the drugs they sample. Rich kids take higher quality drugs, and poorer kids take lower quality ones.

Post Thanks / Like

The difference is in the drugs they sample. Rich kids take higher quality drugs, and poorer kids take lower quality ones.
    I'm not sure it's that simple - I'd be more inclined to say in my experience 80% of Gen Y dabble, 19% lie about it, and 1% avoid it.
    Quality is never assured unless someone uses regularly and has a few contacts rather than 1 or 2
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I'm not sure it's that simple - I'd be more inclined to say in my experience 80% of Gen Y dabble, 19% lie about it, and 1% avoid it.
    Quality is never assured unless someone uses regularly and has a few contacts rather than 1 or 2
    Agree. I was a poorer kid and I tried a few different types. The expensive and the cheap. Nothing really did it for me though, much prefer your bog-standard beer.

Post Thanks / Like

Kids that go to private schools take drugs for sure, and kids that go to state schools also give it a crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    Agree. I was a poorer kid and I tried a few different types. The expensive and the cheap. Nothing really did it for me though, much prefer your bog-standard beer.

I loved speed. But that was back when it was plentiful and cheap. I couldnt believe how expensive coke was.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.