Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRP - Hargrave one week.

May have been dropped anyway

Post Thanks / Like

Sure sign you have had enough footy when you start belting people. Old and grumpy like Scarlett is now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Sure sign you have had enough footy when you start belting people. Old and grumpy like Scarlett is now.
    Nah, Shaggy has always been a feisty one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Noticed that Joel Selwood copped 1 week by the MRP for pushing his brother after their fierce contest. Apparently you're not permitted to touch a player who may be injured. Ok so with this in mind what happened to Jake King pushing Hargrave with the same level of force after Ryan was lying on his back in considerable pain after a contest ? Nothing of course. The MRP if nothing else are consistent with their inconsistencies.
    Too true. So Jake King has come out & said that Geelong should have fought Selwoods charge. Funny how no one in the media has made the connection that King did the same thing to Hargrave on Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsBulldog View Post
    Nah, Shaggy has always been a feisty one.
    Indeed. Which does remind me, Heath Black will be guest speaker at an event I've been invited to recently, to be held in a couple of weeks time.

Post Thanks / Like

I played my junior football with and against Heath. He was a young man that had carisma, and ability that couldn't be denied. Playing with some inter-league representative squads in his time, I always knew he had the talent to be a gun of the league.

For mine, compared to other footballers that I grew up with who were in his class I really thought he held himself together moreso than they did. Maybe that was the reason why he was able to make it to an extent.

Makes me think, while we see a few cases of footballers with dreams of making it to the big time, having binding media commitments and the pressures that go along with all of that who fail, there are so many that don't make it, or almost do that are probably slipping through the cracks that lead to mental illness.

I'll be interested to hear your comments on the discussion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I played my junior football with and against Heath. He was a young man that had carisma, and ability that couldn't be denied. Playing with some inter-league representative squads in his time, I always knew he had the talent to be a gun of the league.

For mine, compared to other footballers that I grew up with who were in his class I really thought he held himself together moreso than they did. Maybe that was the reason why he was able to make it to an extent.

Makes me think, while we see a few cases of footballers with dreams of making it to the big time, having binding media commitments and the pressures that go along with all of that who fail, there are so many that don't make it, or almost do that are probably slipping through the cracks that lead to mental illness.

I'll be interested to hear your comments on the discussion.
    One thing that leads to mental illness like Bipolar, depression is drugs
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Chicken and egg BAD. Maybe the reason someone would possibly use drugs would be because of mental illness.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Chicken and egg BAD. Maybe the reason someone would possibly use drugs would be because of mental illness.
    Results of some recent study shows otherwise, but I know what you mean.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You mean drugs like alcohol, or do mean drugs like ecstacy, ice or marijuana?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    You mean drugs like alcohol, or do mean drugs like ecstacy, ice or marijuana?
    All of the above