Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Paul Roos

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paul Roos

We need to hold our nerve. At the very least macca is a great leader and developer of young talent / character. I can just see in two years time someone coming in and reaping the rewards of all maccas hard work. That would be so predictable and really piss me off. Look at the list he is building for gods sake. Imagine the same group, all in the same age bracket, with 100 games under their belts. That will be quite a team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    We need to hold our nerve. At the very least macca is a great leader and developer of young talent / character. I can just see in two years time someone coming in and reaping the rewards of all maccas hard work. That would be so predictable and really piss me off. Look at the list he is building for gods sake. Imagine the same group, all in the same age bracket, with 100 games under their belts. That will be quite a team.
    Nice post, it certainly is short term satisfaction V longer term satisfaction.

Unfortunately which ever way we go there are no certainties in life.

Post Thanks / Like

No although I'm the wrong person to ask. For starters I can't stand Roos. Self opinionated and sanctimonious.Wouldn't like him as coach even if success was assured. Just can't stand the fellow.

Post Thanks / Like

Would take him as an assistant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    No although I'm the wrong person to ask. For starters I can't stand Roos. Self opinionated and sanctimonious.Wouldn't like him as coach even if success was assured. Just can't stand the fellow.
    I can see those elements of sanctimony and self-opinion but are these good things in a strong leader? The benign dictator maybe the ideal leader?
    However Roos as an assistant could solve the problem of money and may appeal to Roos who could maintain media profile and supplement Bmac's game day strategies etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    They will form part of a team, but we still have a huge number of holes in our team that will take some time to fill.

And it's well known within the footy industry that Macca is a good teacher... but we need a good coach.

And agree with B4L.. I can't stand Roos either.. He just seems a smug so and so..

Post Thanks / Like

IMO i would like to see Bmac given at least till the end of 2014, and if by half way through season 2015 we don't seem any better. Look elsewhere

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    IMO i would like to see Bmac given at least till the end of 2014, and if by half way through season 2015 we don't seem any better. Look elsewhere
    We dont have that long. Has 6 games in 2014 for me. We need to have shown something by then.

RE: Roos, with all due respect to BMac it would be an instant yes. BMac MAY be great, Roos IS.