Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jobe Watson admits he 'may' have taken AOD 9604

Doesn't look like there's gonna be a resolution any time soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    I have a few Essendon supporting mates & all are very confident that their players will get off. They reckon some member from the bomberblitz forum who has inside knowledge & just about everything he comes out with is correct, swears that the players in their interviews were told by ASDA that they won't get punished for using AOD9604. They keep craping on about how everything thats been written is wrong & they can't wait for the truth to come out.
    Their arrogance gives me the shits big time & is the reason why i hate them so much. I just can not see how on earth they could get off this!
    Hmmmm..........www.asda.co.uk - the bombers are home free if ASDA is doing the interviewing

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few Essendon supporting mates & all are very confident that their players will get off. They reckon some member from the bomberblitz forum who has inside knowledge & just about everything he comes out with is correct, swears that the players in their interviews were told by ASDA that they won't get punished for using AOD9604. They keep craping on about how everything thats been written is wrong & they can't wait for the truth to come out.
    Their arrogance gives me the shits big time & is the reason why i hate them so much. I just can not see how on earth they could get off this!

Seriously this is the problem with Essendon and their fans. They are of the belief that because they have been "honest and upfront" with the whole situation that the regulator will take this into consideration and let them off scott free. What world do they live in. Sure they may have the penalties reduced from 24 months to 18 months (or maybe less) but if the substance is banned then there will be penalties on those individuals that have been administered with AOD9604.

I guess Essendon's only saving grace is if AOD9604 wasn't actually a banned substance in 2012. However from what has been stated thus far it appears that this substance was on the WADA banned substance from 2011.

Post Thanks / Like

This is another mess that the AFL is overseeing. I get the impression the deal is already done and I think a compromised and contrived outcome is a bad image for the competition.

Watson by his own admission too AOD 9604 and WADA have confirmed it was a banned substance from 2011. As much as I admire Watson as a footballer and a leader of his club it's a damning fact.

I don't see how he can keep the Brownlow now that he confirmed he took AOD 9604.
    At the very least the club shouldn't be playing for premiership points this year and I'm not sure how the coaches escape a long ban from the game.
    I'm sure they will though and it will be interesting to see how the AFL work around the facts that we now know.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Tell them they are dreaming.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    This is another mess that the AFL is overseeing. I get the impression the deal is already done and I think a compromised and contrived outcome is a bad image for the competition.
    As I said earlier WADA can appeal any decision made and I am pretty damn certain that they wont care what the AFL think.

Post Thanks / Like

The AFL's leadership on tis front has been exceptionally poor. You just know that they are are scrambling for an angle which best protects the 'integrity' of the game without creating any imbalance to their ideal formula for generating revenue.

This sort of debacle and scheming and compromised process is what happens when a League, rules the game. They've reached critical mass and can essentially do whatever they want so long as it preserves the industry which is making those involved very rich and well looked after.

Hopefully the governing bodies lay a very firm penalty on any wrong doers, which leaves no wriggle room for the League, or Essendon as a Club if in fact they are the cheats they are alleged to have been in this instance (in the case of drugs) and proven to be in the past (salary cap).

Post Thanks / Like

Malthouse has come out and fired at the AFL for inaction. More pressure is needed.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

THE AFL Players' Association says it is "premature and unfair" to suggest Jobe Watson should lose his Brownlow Medal or be stood down, and that accountability for the supplements crisis should rest with Essendon.

AFLPA CEO Matt Finnis says the ongoing ASADA and AFL investigation into the Bombers' supplements program will determine if rules have been broken but has pointed the finger squarely at the Bombers as the ones responsible.

"Accountability must reside with those who had the ultimate authority and responsibility, and I think the public confidence in the competition and the codes and rules which govern it absolutely demands that," Finnis said on Wednesday.

More HERE
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    THE AFL Players' Association says it is "premature and unfair" to suggest Jobe Watson should lose his Brownlow Medal or be stood down, and that accountability for the supplements crisis should rest with Essendon.

AFLPA CEO Matt Finnis says the ongoing ASADA and AFL investigation into the Bombers' supplements program will determine if rules have been broken but has pointed the finger squarely at the Bombers as the ones responsible.

"Accountability must reside with those who had the ultimate authority and responsibility, and I think the public confidence in the competition and the codes and rules which govern it absolutely demands that," Finnis said on Wednesday.

More HERE
    I think Finnish needs a briefing from WADA, I don't think he understands doping rules...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I think Finnish needs a briefing from WADA, I don't think he understands doping rules...
    Jobe Watson should not be playing. It's that simple.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post

More HERE
    Way a surprise, the players union defending the players. The AFLPA have become as bad as the AFL: Just continually deny anything that doesnt suit their outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    The AFL's leadership on tis front has been exceptionally poor. You just know that they are are scrambling for an angle which best protects the 'integrity' of the game without creating any imbalance to their ideal formula for generating revenue.

This sort of debacle and scheming and compromised process is what happens when a League, rules the game. They've reached critical mass and can essentially do whatever they want so long as it preserves the industry which is making those involved very rich and well looked after.

Hopefully the governing bodies lay a very firm penalty on any wrong doers, which leaves no wriggle room for the League, or Essendon as a Club if in fact they are the cheats they are alleged to have been in this instance (in the case of drugs) and proven to be in the past (salary cap).
    I'm astounded at the arrogance shown by all parties. I hope someone at ASADA or WADA is looking at this, not just the doping itself but the attitude towards doping, and the attitude that as long as the media is spun correctly, everything can be swept under that massive bloody carpet they have.

The AFL just sound increasingly like the world cycling administration.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I don't think anybody in football does, or at least nobody is acknowledging those rules. It paints a bleak picture.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Double standards. Athletics or cycling and the masses would be demanding heads. Why is the AFL considering themselves above doping rules???

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't agree more ^^
    The AFL silence is deafening

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Couldn't agree more ^^
    The AFL silence is deafening
    Absolutely. East German athletes doped. Chinese swimmers doped. Lance Amstrong doped. But Essendon haven't doped, they're just ignorant scallywags.... There are no gradings to doping, you did or did not. There are no gradings to more serious or less serious banned substances, banned is banned. Personal responsibility is self explanatory, but Essendon players are coping out with the support of the AFLPA and he tacit approval of the AFL.... You would expect that Vlad gets paid enough to make tough decisions in th interest of the brand. Maybe not....