Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: We need to talk about Adam...

If Adam Cooney leaves as a free agent are we likely to get a band one compensation?

I don't see why not. Number 1 pick. Brownlow medallist. In good form averaging around 30 possessions a week.

Could we be looking at pick 5?

Might not be a bad scenario for us.

IF he decides to go...........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    If Adam Cooney leaves as a free agent are we likely to get a band one compensation?

I don't see why not. Number 1 pick. Brownlow medallist. In good form averaging around 30 possessions a week.

Could we be looking at pick 5?

Might not be a bad scenario for us.

IF he decides to go...........
    Compensation is also weighted on market value. That is, the length and value of the other clubs contract. IF, the Goddard deal is considered the test, his offer was $3.6m over 4 years.

So the AFL would have to decide if Goddard deal was way over the threshold, or the mandatory minimum for top compensation.

I'm not convinced Coons on a $1m, two year deal to another club is persuasive enough for a first rounder. Happy to be wrong, but I wouldn't bet on it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I am concerned about his body language after he has loses a contest. It's like he drops his head and doesn't want to chase. I see similarities with the way Lake played in the last months with us. Is it that he doesn't want to unnecessarily pressure his leg or does he think it's not worth the effort? Sometimes he just stops.

I think his value would be at its highest now. It's the right time for a trade if he is even 1% off being sure about wanting to stay. I note that originally it was said that his treatment (injecting his own blood) would probably become less effective over time and that that they didn't know how long it would last.

I think that it would be high risk to sign him up for any more than a year unless we are certain that the treatment he is undertaking will continue to be as effective beyond that date.

Post Thanks / Like

He was like that last year Metal with no chasing. Reckon it is his knee and nothing more. Looks very lazy though when he does it.

DISHLICKERS Guest

Channel 10 reported on Friday that he is long odds to remain a Bulldog