Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Rookie Draft

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rookie Draft

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    Begs the question doesn't it. What has anyone seen in him over the past three years? From what i've seen, and from what i've read of other peoples viewpoints, i don't recall anyone being complimentary regarding his talent.

He'd be my logical choice to be delisted, but if he played with Footscray that'd be it. Wouldn't see the point of re-rookie.
    Yeah I don't see what Greenwood has to offer at all, it's very puzzling.

I do see the talent in Jong and Redpath, though I could make a very good case for them to be delisted. Those three should count themselves all as very lucky.

Post Thanks / Like

What I don't understand is why we wouldn't delist at least 1 (lets say Greenwood) and wait and see what's available at pick 4 in the rookie draft. If there's nothing that we like just re-draft him, it's not like anybody else would trump us. By retaining them all it just gives us no flexibility should someone we fancy slip though the national draft.

Unless there is a rule against re-drafting rookies?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    What I don't understand is why we wouldn't delist at least 1 (lets say Greenwood) and wait and see what's available at pick 4 in the rookie draft. If there's nothing that we like just re-draft him, it's not like anybody else would trump us. By retaining them all it just gives us no flexibility should someone we fancy slip though the national draft.

Unless there is a rule against re-drafting rookies?
    We upgraded Goodes so wouldn't we have one pick?
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    Begs the question doesn't it. What has anyone seen in him over the past three years? From what i've seen, and from what i've read of other peoples viewpoints, i don't recall anyone being complimentary regarding his talent.

He'd be my logical choice to be delisted, but if he played with Footscray that'd be it. Wouldn't see the point of re-rookie.
    He played very well in the finals for Williamstown seniors in 2012 and then suffered a leg injury which kept him out for most of 2013. He is an inside mid with very good skills on both sides of his body. His problem at the moment is that he doesn't have the body strength for this role. The club is very happy with his progress and sees a future for him but wants to build him up physically before making a final call. When he came back from injury his focus was putting on weight and strength conditioning, not football, hence he played for Williamstown reserves. Things can change suddenly, but i believe he was told quite early on that he would be retained and to concentrate on developing his body. I have inside information in this case, but I am confident that there is a good solid reason each time the club decides to retain a rookie.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    We upgraded Goodes so wouldn't we have one pick?
    Depends on whether or not we go 1 short on the primary list again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    He played very well in the finals for Williamstown seniors in 2012 and then suffered a leg injury which kept him out for most of 2013. He is an inside mid with very good skills on both sides of his body. His problem at the moment is that he doesn't have the body strength for this role. The club is very happy with his progress and sees a future for him but wants to build him up physically before making a final call. When he came back from injury his focus was putting on weight and strength conditioning, not football, hence he played for Williamstown reserves. Things can change suddenly, but i believe he was told quite early on that he would be retained and to concentrate on developing his body. I have inside information in this case, but I am confident that there is a good solid reason each time the club decides to retain a rookie.
    Cheers BID, good to hear if that's the case.

Still appears to be something that needs to give in relation to my original post, unless they don't take a live pick with 60 and end up upgrading another rookie to the primary.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps there's also a situation where this draft is expected to be much weaker than next year's draft and keeping on an extra couple of players who we would otherwise take late/rookie picks for means they we can move them on next year to really attack next year's draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post

Thanks for passing that on. I have no problem with the club coming good on its commitment in that case.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.