Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Lance Franklin

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lance Franklin

Maybe Dermie is the man to you guys but to me and other people my age Buddy is the shit and Dermie is an old dude with a facelift who stomps on dudes heads.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Maybe Dermie is the man to you guys but to me and other people my age Buddy is the shit and Dermie is an old dude with a facelift who stomps on dudes heads.
    He purses his lips too much as well, when he's on TV.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He purses his lips too much as well, when he's on TV.

And uses far too many words to convey an idea. Dermie has some interesting things to say but his verbal diarrhoea is awful.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    And uses far too many words to convey an idea. Dermie has some interesting things to say but his verbal diarrhoea is awful.
    He's a very very smart person when it comes to football.

But you're right. He does struggle to be concise.

Post Thanks / Like

Comparing Buddy to Jordan is a disgrace. Buddy isn't even the best player in the comp and what "big-show" qualities does he have. I can only remember him being dominate in 1 finals game. The rest he has been decidedly average.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Comparing Buddy to Jordan is a disgrace. Buddy isn't even the best player in the comp and what "big-show" qualities does he have. I can only remember him being dominate in 1 finals game. The rest he has been decidedly average.
    You must be old or just watch Bulldogs games and it's not a disgrace it's a conversation topic and I'm asking who is like him in AFL in terms of freakish ability. I'm not saying he's as good as Jordan in a world sports sense.

7 goals in the 2007 elimination final his 7th with 11 secs on the clock stealing the win

Franklin kicked his 100th goal for the home and away season against Carlton in Round 22, becoming the first to kick 100 goals in the AFL home and away season since Tony Lockett in 1998

He then added to that by kicking another eight goals in a qualifying final against us, tying with Dermot Brereton for the most goals kicked by a Hawthorn player in a finals match.

8 goals in two finals in 2011.

Fairly good performances across 4 finals

Four AAs and he's only just turned 26 so is entering his prime.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Hasn't he also got a couple of goals of the year nods? I.e. Freakish individual skills.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Hasn't he also got a couple of goals of the year nods? I.e. Freakish individual skills.
    Yeah he has and that goal against Essendon with Hooker running after him down the wing- one of the best ever I reckon. There's a reason why he is the biggest name in football.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah he has and that goal against Essendon with Hooker running after him down the wing- one of the best ever I reckon. There's a reason why he is the biggest name in football.

Didn't he do that twice inside 5 minutes that night?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    He is a Freak:

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Hooker was the second one. He ran away from Mark McVeigh and goaled a couple of minutes earlier. Although since then James Hird has denied any knowledge of it happening and McVeigh agrees with him.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Lance Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Yep, Hooker was the second one. He ran away from Mark McVeigh and goaled a couple of minutes earlier. Although since then James Hird has denied any knowledge of it happening and McVeigh agrees with him.

And then got stuck into Kyle Reimers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Excellent.

Anyone who watched the 2008 QF when he tore us a new one should know how much of a freak he can be.

1ED's not saying he's as good as Jordan was in his sport mind. I don't think anyone's saying he is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Excellent.

Anyone who watched the 2008 QF when he tore us a new one should know how much of a freak he can be.

1ED's not saying he's as good as Jordan was in his sport mind. I don't think anyone's saying he is.
    I had just forgotten about that match... What was I typing again?

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

He almost did it a few weeks after that as well against Sydney I think but I'm probably wrong there. He got his man under the flight of the ball, took possession and ran 80 metres around the boundary line and kicked from the 50 on the wrong side for a left footer and hit the post.