Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon set to face 'several' charges from ASADA, says John Fahey Read more: ht

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Players DO lose wages when suspended. Players don't get match payments for games missed while suspended.
    Exactly. And if they are suspended for drugs they often get sacked.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon set to face 'several' charges from ASADA, says John Fahey Read more: ht

I'm just praying for the day I wake up in the morning, open the paper, and there it is.

ASADA BRINGS CHARGES AND SUSPENSIONS AGAINST HIRD AND (insert random number) ESSENDON PLAYERS.

So it's not just the inept AFL versus the mind numbingly arrogant and deluded Bombers.

THEY REALLY NEED TO BOUGHT TO THEIR KNEES PROPERLY, SO THIS BLACK MARK NEVER TOUCHES OUR BELOVED SPORT AGAIN.

Post Thanks / Like

After we got Crameri, I don't understand the glee of many here waiting for ASADA charges against Bombers players.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not Glee Dry Rot.

And of course I hope Crameri isn't one of the players charged.

It's seeing the right thing done for the long term health of the game and all who play it.

I'm just so disgusted in the way Hird is still held up as a hero.
    And the AFL just bends twists and distorts justice until it fits in the box they want it to fit in to.

I want to see the bombers dealt with by a higher authority.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    It's not Glee Dry Rot.

And of course I hope Crameri isn't one of the players charged.

It's seeing the right thing done for the long term health of the game and all who play it.

I'm just so disgusted in the way Hird is still held up as a hero.
    And the AFL just bends twists and distorts justice until it fits in the box they want it to fit in to.

I want to see the bombers dealt with by a higher authority.
    Hird still thinks he has done nothing wrong.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He was suspended for a year?

Players don't lose wages when they are suspended
    This is NQR on two levels. As others pointed out, players do lose pay when suspended. Secondly, it's a bit like comparing sultanas with watermelons. The idiots in charge trashed the reupation of the AFL across the world, dragged the 2013 season into the mud and have created enormous headaches for players, particularly those that concieved kids in the last two years. Long term health effects? Who knows. The scale of it can't really be compared to a suspension for a high tackle.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 16-12-2013 at 04:16 PM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    This is NQR on two levels. As others pointed out, players do lose pay when suspended. Secondly, it's a bit like comparing sultanas with watermelons. The idiots in charge trashed the reupation of the AFL across the world, dragged the 2013 season into the mud and has created enormous headaches for players, particularly those that concieved kids in the last two years. Long term health effects? Who knows. The scale of it can't really be compared to a suspension for a high tackle.
    Brilliant post, and I feel that this sentiment gets to the very heart of the problem: this issue is being dealt with in regards to the commercial interests of the game, the interests of fans, etc. rather than the interest of integrity and honesty.

I hope he doesn't, but if Crameri gets a ban I'll wear it, knowing our sport is just that little bit cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

An article in the Age today says Essendon had ongoing plans to use supplements and drugs well into 2013.

They planned to inject players with an anti dementia drug until grand final day (of course they were presuming they would be in it)

I think they should start injecting their supporters with anti dementia drugs...........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    An article in the Age today says Essendon had ongoing plans to use supplements and drugs well into 2013.

They planned to inject players with an anti dementia drug until grand final day (of course they were presuming they would be in it)

I think they should start injecting their supporters with anti dementia drugs...........

Not that I support it, but they could have at least done some clinical trials on animals first....

And incidentally....

You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Agree, but the AFL's in a no win situation.
    If this went to court Hird would win with a breach of his contract.
    Tanya Hird or Tarnia ( how on earth do you get Tarnia out of that spelling)
    It's time your husband took responsibility
    Maybe, maybe not.

For starters, the contract is between Essendon and Hird, not the AFL, so any claim would have to be made by Hird against his employer, not the AFL.

Secondly, Hird has been fined and suspended as a result of breach of AFL rules. There would be clauses in the contract around gross misconduct, damaging the clubs reputation or at the least not doing what you are supposed to do. Essendon could argue that the AFL's guilty finding triggers this.

The BofC is not that clear cut.

Post Thanks / Like

Hird will be paid in full

The AFL and Essendon FC have completed discussions around the terms of the sanction to senior coach James Hird.

The AFL has accepted the Essendon Football Club’s position that James Hird will not be paid in 2014, and equally the AFL have accepted that the Essendon Football Club has the right to make payments to James Hird in the 2013 year as it sees fit

Both the AFL and the Essendon FC now consider this matter to be concluded.

LINK
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

That's not farcical at all.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a blatent cover up. Its actually worse than that because they must think tht the general public is stupid.

Paying someone in advance so that they are not paid in the year of sanction may (may not) be techcnially in the rules, but it defies the principle. I can't believe that the AFL is rolling on this one. My gut says that there is way more to this than have been made public and Essendon have somehting on Vlad.

Post Thanks / Like

The real evil party here is the gutless fans, for allowing them to do it to their club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    After we got Crameri, I don't understand the glee of many here waiting for ASADA charges against Bombers players.
    It is not the 'glee' of potential charges against the players (I personally feel for the players that they have got caught up in this whole schamozzle), rather it is the Essendon FC club that I (and I am sure many others) want to see punished for bringing the game into disrepute.

The players themselves will be punished, whether we agree or not, as they have been found in breach of WADA's anti-doping guidelines. Unfortunately the players were caught up in a whole group think mentality where they put themselves in the trust of the club's hierarchy. Ultimately though they could have refused in partaking in this program.