Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

AFL Fans Association

The AFL fans association website is up and running. What are all your guys thoughts on it. Can it be a success?

http://aflfans.org/
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Fans Association

No.

Who cares what I think. In a multi billion dollar industry I add about 0.00000000000000001 percent of the money. I'm not a major sponsor. I'm not a TV network. I'm not in the AFLPA.

All this is a release valve for people to express their opinion. At best an assistant in the AFL might do a synopsis of things Vlad might want to know, but that's it. Unions or Associations work industrially on the threat of withholding labour. Do you think EVERY Facebook like person will withhold memberships or attendance?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

So long as they publish opinion pieces such as this: http://aflfans.org/2013/12/18/dogs-cheersquad/ they won't get far.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    No.

Who cares what I think. In a multi billion dollar industry I add about 0.00000000000000001 percent of the money. I'm not a major sponsor. I'm not a TV network. I'm not in the AFLPA.

All this is a release valve for people to express their opinion. At best an assistant in the AFL might do a synopsis of things Vlad might want to know, but that's it. Unions or Associations work industrially on the threat of withholding labour. Do you think EVERY Facebook like person will withhold memberships or attendance?
    We care.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    So long as they publish opinion pieces such as this: http://aflfans.org/2013/12/18/dogs-cheersquad/ they won't get far.
    Yeah a one sided story without telling what really went on with the Cheer Squad.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yeah a one sided story without telling what really went on with the Cheer Squad.
    Well it was written by another teams cheersquad member who would have been friends with both people.
    Sticking together which you would expect and want to happen.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    We care.
    It's this kind of love that keeps me positing, thanks KT
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023