Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your one favourite Day at the Footy.

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Ditto for me. He carried us across the line that day. Morris played his first game that day didn't he?
    I don't think so, Johno's 300th was round 1 2008, Morris was All Australian that year. He debuted in 2005.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Ditto for me. He carried us across the line that day. Morris played his first game that day didn't he?
    Morris played his first game against Adelaide at Etihad and lined up on Andrew McLeod at various times. We won with Darcy kicking about four goals up forward I think.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Morris played his first game against Adelaide at Etihad and lined up on Andrew McLeod at various times. We won with Darcy kicking about four goals up forward I think.
    6 - took to throwing his mouthguard about 30 metres away before each shot this game too.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    6 - took to throwing his mouthguard about 30 metres away before each shot this game too.
    I remember one of the goals came from a free kick for one of the greatest dive's ever seen. Reckon Darcy would even be embarrassed watching it back.

By memory it was also Brad Murphy's first game wasn't it?
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

As a youngin' one of my favourite days was the clash against Geelong at Whitten Oval 1982 with Simon Beasley kicking 12 that day, was just a brilliant day standing on a flank down the Barkly street end.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember one of the goals came from a free kick for one of the greatest dive's ever seen. Reckon Darcy would even be embarrassed watching it back.

By memory it was also Brad Murphy's first game wasn't it?
    Brad Murphy debuted against Port in Darwin I'm pretty sure. Got heaps of touches, kicked about 3 goals and I was pretty excited we had unearthed a gem. That didn't turn out so well.

I'm pretty sure the Adelaide game only featured Morris as a debutant, and a very young Ryan Griffen.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    As a youngin' one of my favourite days was the clash against Geelong at Whitten Oval 1982 with Simon Beasley kicking 12 that day, was just a brilliant day standing on a flank down the Barkly street end.

It was about 35 C that day too. After the game the guy standing next to me said "This morning I couldn't decide between one last day at the beach or the footy. Man I'm glad I came to the footy"

Beaza was smoking hot that day. Was it 6 in the last quarter?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It was about 35 C that day too. After the game the guy standing next to me said "This morning I couldn't decide between one last day at the beach or the footy. Man I'm glad I came to the footy"

Beaza was smoking hot that day. Was it 6 in the last quarter?
    Beaza kicked 12 goals 4 that day and you are probably right about 6 in the last. At three quarter time there was only 7 points in it and then we kicked 10 in the last to win by 42 points. We only won 3 that year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

How could anyone go past that final against Collingwood? The sight of pie supporters streaming out of the stands midway through the last quarter is still vivid in my mind.

Also loved that match against Brisbane when Robbo took "one-handed mark of the year? Recently watched that back on DVD......non-stop highlights.
    Have to agree with always right! I still remember my excitement growing with each quarter, to the point that after the game I thought I should ask the A f l for a refund cos I wasn't sitting in my seat much - too busy jumping up and down and screaming happily. This was also a sweet win because hubby (a Collingwood supporter) who was also at the game but not sitting with me, cruised past at half time, still confident they would win.....mouthing off a little! Boy was I smug!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Beating the Bombres to ensure they didn't go through 2000 undefeated was pure joy. The feeling when Chris Grant slotted the goal to put us in front with a minute or so to go is as close as I've got to the exhilaration that other lucky fans must experience when they win a flag.

Dogs fans who didn't know each other hugged and whooped. And could it have happened against a more loathed opponent?
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

A personal favourite of mine was the Round 21 game v Geelong at Etihad.

Made the trip over from Adelaide and was staying a mates place (who had returned to Adelaide for the weekend) and went along to the game solo. It was a great game, a few breakout performances and really filled me with hope for the impending finals campaign.

Post Thanks / Like

The last game we played at Arden street. We won by a lazy 63 points and Chops Rickman kicked 7 goals.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.