Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Changes to team for Round One?

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    This was the team that was defeated by West Coast in the final last year. What changes do you see for round one? We know Harris is out. Smith has retired, What abouty Darcy for his first game back? Is Street and Cooney fit enough? Higgins is playing well, but who do you drop? Aker if fit, is a cert.

Matthew Boyd
    Adam Cooney
    Daniel Cross
    Nathan Eagleton
    Daniel Giansiracusa
    Lindsay Gilbee
    Chris Grant
    Ryan Griffen
    Ryan Hargrave
    Brian Harris
    Brad Johnson
    Jordan McMahon
    William Minson
    Brett Montgomery
    Dale Morris
    Sam Power
    Farren Ray
    Matthew Robbins
    Rohan Smith
    Peter Street
    Scott West
    Cameron Wight
    OUT - Harris, Smith, Grant, Power

In - Darcy, McDougall, Aker and Murphy

Post Thanks / Like

Grant not playing is your mail? I still think he'll play.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McMahon#23 View Post
    Grant not playing is your mail? I still think he'll play.
    your probably right, just had that feeling listening to Rocket.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm almost certain Grant will miss.

Post Thanks / Like

Johnson said last night that there could be some surprises. Grant wasn't named in the team sheet that I saw, so he cannot play right? Given the extended interchange.

Really does leave us a bit short if that's the case.

Post Thanks / Like

Johnson said last night that there could be some surprises. Grant wasn't named in the team sheet that I saw, so he cannot play right? Given the extended interchange.

Case for playing Power and Street?

I wonder if McD will play in defence? He's damned good in the air - McD vs Mooney would be interesting
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

90% sure Grant won't play.
    Its a long year and he has an old body.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be surprised if Power and Monty didn't play then - both could be useful playing back, or forward if McDougall or Darcy are needed back.

Really looking forward to this game, even tonight's game. So good to have the football back in full swing.

Post Thanks / Like

In Rockets first game as coach against the pies Johnson was not named because of a pre season injury but ended up playing and caught the pies off guard. Not sure what the rule is but that definetly happened. Grant may yet play but I wouldn't risk him if he isn't completely fit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    In Rockets first game as coach against the pies Johnson was not named because of a pre season injury but ended up playing and caught the pies off guard. Not sure what the rule is but that definetly happened. Grant may yet play but I wouldn't risk him if he isn't completely fit.
    This really doesn't sound like a Dog Town post.

* Johnson was named that day, everyone just assumed he wouldn't play because of the way Eade was speaking in the week leading up to the game.

* If Grant plays the club will be fined by the AFL

* Grant won't play. Let it go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    This really doesn't sound like a Dog Town post.

* Johnson was named that day, everyone just assumed he wouldn't play because of the way Eade was speaking in the week leading up to the game.

* If Grant plays the club will be fined by the AFL

* Grant won't play. Let it go.
    God damn I didn't think he was named. Malthouse did it in a final at West Coast against North from memory. Come to think of it he was fined pretty badly.

I would prefer we didn't play Grant if even the slightest bit of doubt surrounds him anyway . Not sure why I thought Johnson wasn't named but I remember it being a massive shock when he played.

Not too many shocks in the final side. Street was never going to play with Darcy and Minson already in the side. Robbins probably a little bit stiff but was always going to find it tough when your basically adding 3 new small forwards to the mix that were not in the side for our last game (Murphy, Aker,Higgins). Power needed for a bit of versatility down back

The cats have picked Nathan Ablett which gives them the option of going extra tall but I wouldn't be overly concerned. They will be that Ottens conscious that he will hardly see the ball anyway and if we play a Gilbee on him then he will create havoc for them.

Really looking forward to see how Aker and Doogs go. Aker looked in 2nd gear during the pre season matches. This should give us a better indication as to what level he is capable of getting back to. Doogs had a good pre season but a regular season game against one of Harley,Scarlett or Egan will be a very good test for him.

Cant wait to see how Wight goes. Had a beer with him last week and he certainly doesn't look to be a heap bigger but looks very cut and defined. If he can pull it off as our main defender then his confidence will sky rocket which I think can be a problem for him.

Post Thanks / Like

God damn I didn't think he was named. Malthouse did it in a final at West Coast against North from memory. Come to think of it he was fined pretty badly.

I would prefer we didn't play Grant if even the slightest bit of doubt surrounds him anyway . Not sure why I thought Johnson wasn't named but I remember it being a massive shock when he played.
    I'm 99% certain that Johnson was named as an emergency for that game. It was a pretty big shock as he was supposedly out for at least the first 4 games and Eade had a radio interview half an hour before the game and said he definitely wasn't going to play (the radio people were a bit p***ed but all's fair in ...).

I'm pretty sure that you can bring in someone from outside the 25 as long as you give at least 2 hours notice to the other club, and that otherwise you cop the fine.

Really looking forward to see how Aker and Doogs go. Aker looked in 2nd gear during the pre season matches. This should give us a better indication as to what level he is capable of getting back to. Doogs had a good pre season but a regular season game against one of Harley,Scarlett or Egan will be a very good test for him.

Cant wait to see how Wight goes. Had a beer with him last week and he certainly doesn't look to be a heap bigger but looks very cut and defined. If he can pull it off as our main defender then his confidence will sky rocket which I think can be a problem for him.
    I think it might take Aker a little while, but we'll certainly get some sense of what he'll offer and whether he can take some pressure off the rest of our midfield (and what he might do up forward). Also a good chance to see if Doogs can work as hard up forward and keep up his intensity in the face of fairly stiff opposition).

What was Wight like? He has certainly taken a bit of time to get his confidence up, but are you saying he might get a bit over-confident?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    I'm 99% certain that Johnson was named as an emergency for that game. It was a pretty big shock as he was supposedly out for at least the first 4 games and Eade had a radio interview half an hour before the game and said he definitely wasn't going to play (the radio people were a bit p***ed but all's fair in ...).

I'm pretty sure that you can bring in someone from outside the 25 as long as you give at least 2 hours notice to the other club, and that otherwise you cop the fine.

I think it might take Aker a little while, but we'll certainly get some sense of what he'll offer and whether he can take some pressure off the rest of our midfield (and what he might do up forward). Also a good chance to see if Doogs can work as hard up forward and keep up his intensity in the face of fairly stiff opposition).

What was Wight like? He has certainly taken a bit of time to get his confidence up, but are you saying he might get a bit over-confident?
    I am saying he can struggle with his confidence and I am not sure that he really feels like he belongs at time. Not over confident by any means. Still knocks around with the same guys he went to high school with and is very quiet. Could do with a shot of confidence.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done here.
    His arms seemed to be everywhere.
    Our defence today has to comended.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    Well done here.
    His arms seemed to be everywhere.
    Our defence today has to comended.
    We looked like we were struggling early with Mooney and NAblett but we eventually got on top of them. Wight should singled out for his effort today. I think I read an article that referred to him as the Wight Night. Based on todays game he should cement his spot for a number of weeks.
    Would Hargrave to the forward line be a chance when Harris returns and perhaps Grant has the right match up in the back line?
    Bulldog Pride will never die