Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  341
Page 51 of 149 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rumour Mill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Rumour Mill

It'd be a great coup if we did though. Especially as a free agent.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Interesting with Frawley going to Geelong even though they maybe on a downward spiral.
    Not necessarily. Geelong are doing an awkward transition atm where key players are 2-3 years from retiring (SJ, Bartel, Kelly), but their young guys (Guthrie, Christensen, Motlop) are on the verge of taking over, but haven't done so yet. I think this year and next year will be "down" years (they'll still be top 6 though, must be nice) before the transition completes.

To me it'll be less of a spiral and more of a dip.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Not a rumour but Roos had indicated he expects pick 3 if Frawley departs and is keen to use that pick like he did last year by trading it.
    They shouldn't get pick 3 but I think it's an easy option for the AFL to give them support without giving them a priority pick.

Our pick 5 might easily become pick 6.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Eze Dog, we currently have pick 5 which might move to pick 6. Cordy in the 2nd round is a real possibility but we would be hoping we can get him in the 3rd round. I think Foster would either be our last pick in the draft or possibly in the rookie draft.
    We need some midfielders as well.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the large payout and opportunity provided by the Dogs to Crameri will assist us getting a Bomber to do a tour of Whitten Oval?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I wonder if the large payout and opportunity provided by the Dogs to Crameri will assist us getting a Bomber to do a tour of Whitten Oval?
    Not just a bomber, maybe THE bomber as well.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Not a rumour but Roos had indicated he expects pick 3 if Frawley departs and is keen to use that pick like he did last year by trading it.
    They shouldn't get pick 3 but I think it's an easy option for the AFL to give them support without giving them a priority pick.

Our pick 5 might easily become pick 6.

Well, being at Sydney for several years, I suppose Roos is used to having the AFL under his thumb.. No way known is Frawley worth pick 3 as compo. End of first round at best. They got their compo x 2 for Scully - who's a dud. Meanwhile, we got less for Ward who is a gun. Melbourne need to stop sticking their hand out and start sticking their heads down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Well, being at Sydney for several years, I suppose Roos is used to having the AFL under his thumb.. No way known is Frawley worth pick 3 as compo. End of first round at best. They got their compo x 2 for Scully - who's a dud. Meanwhile, we got less for Ward who is a gun. Melbourne need to stop sticking their hand out and start sticking their heads down.
    I don't really blame Roos tbh. Whats he gonna say, Frawley is shit anyway and worth nothing to them? Of course he's going to try and spin it so that the best possible scenario sounds like the only reasonable option too. For all its promises of equalization and fairness, the AFL is a very self serving organisation so when you see an opportunity to exploit something you take it.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Just our luck we'll end up with 6 and the KP we want will go at 5.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I don't really blame Roos tbh. Whats he gonna say, Frawley is shit anyway and worth nothing to them? Of course he's going to try and spin it so that the best possible scenario sounds like the only reasonable option too. For all its promises of equalization and fairness, the AFL is a very self serving organisation so when you see an opportunity to exploit something you take it.
    I don't blame Roos, either. However I'd blame the AFL if they gave Melbourne pick 3. Frawley's worth a bonus end of rd 1 pick at best. For me, a compo rd1 pick is for the $900k+ p.a. Ablett, Ward, Franklin like deals. The other consideration for the AFL is that they'll be hurting Brisbane if they give Melbourne compo pick 3. I doubt they'd see that as ideal.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Melbourne know they won't get either a priority or an early pick for Frawley.
    My guess would be end of first round for Frawley.
    Don't blame Roos for spruiking, but it looks like Frawley won't be getting the 700 he initially asked for.

Post Thanks / Like

Not necessarily. Geelong are doing an awkward transition atm where key players are 2-3 years from retiring (SJ, Bartel, Kelly), but their young guys (Guthrie, Christensen, Motlop) are on the verge of taking over, but haven't done so yet. I think this year and next year will be "down" years (they'll still be top 6 though, must be nice) before the transition completes.

Those younger players are good, but they're losing greats of their club.
    I don't think they'll drop dramatically, but I see bottom 8 or just outside next season.

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong could be in trouble with the age of their list. Below are 10 players 28 years plus...be interesting to see what happens.

44 Enright, Corey 32yr 11mth
    20 Johnson, Steve 31yr 2mth
    3 Bartel, Jimmy 30yr 9mth
    9 Kelly, James 30yr 8mth
    13 Lonergan, Tom 30yr 3mth
    4 Mackie, Andrew 30yr 1mth
    17 McIntosh, Hamish 30yr
    25 Rivers, Jared 29yr 10mth
    27 Stokes, Mathew 29yr 9mth
    7 Taylor, Harry 28yr 3mth

Post Thanks / Like