Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Footy Classified gives us nothing

Quote Originally Posted by LostDog View Post
    I think we may finally get our coverage this week, and it will be negative
    That's pretty typical! Now it'll be about how hyped up we were, etc...

Post Thanks / Like

I promised myself that I wouldn't watch Footy Classifieds again, but like an addict - back I was this Monday, and glad I did too. James Fantasia, was on meet the press with two other Football General Managers, Connelly (Melb) and Welsh (Collingwood). James got stuck into Carro, commented that it was obvious by the lack of newspaper articles that she was not of the Bulldogs persuasion, and then asked her if she knew where Whitten Oval was. He said another couple of comments to her that was drowned out a bit, because Connelly was like a dog let off his leash - but he got awarded the points through it. Good stuff after the weekend we had Oh and they actually talked a bit about our game - went well until Hutchy made the comment that we haven't played anyone yet apart from Sydney No, just Adelaide, Fremantle away, St Kilda before they went soft, Essendon before they got injured and West Coast before they lost Kerr - no one really

Post Thanks / Like

Caro said that she'd been to the club about 5 times in each of the past few years.

James said that we could expect to see her alot in the remainder of the season than, seeing as we haven't seen her at the Whitten Oval once this year.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogs_r_barking View Post
    I promised myself that I wouldn't watch Footy Classifieds again, but like an addict - back I was this Monday, and glad I did too. James Fantasia, was on meet the press with two other Football General Managers, Connelly (Melb) and Welsh (Collingwood). James got stuck into Carro, commented that it was obvious by the lack of newspaper articles that she was not of the Bulldogs persuasion, and then asked her if she knew where Whitten Oval was. He said another couple of comments to her that was drowned out a bit, because Connelly was like a dog let off his leash - but he got awarded the points through it. Good stuff after the weekend we had Oh and they actually talked a bit about our game - went well until Hutchy made the comment that we haven't played anyone yet apart from Sydney No, just Adelaide, Fremantle away, St Kilda before they went soft, Essendon before they got injured and West Coast before they lost Kerr - no one really
    I was hoping Fantasia would grill Damian Barrett for that piss-poor excuse of an article in the week after the Richmond draw, accusing us of stage-managing Lake's injury scans. It is now clear that Barrett has an axe to grind with the Dogs as he is Aker's ghost writer for his column and is forced to send each article to Fantasia before being allowed to go to print. Barrett went in hard on Fantasia over this censorship issue, but he turned the tables very well and accused Barrett of himself censoring Aker's articles by virtue of the fact that he is Aker's ghost writer, an issue that Barrett was clearly embarrased was made public. Fantasia's retort also outlined that the Dogs are Aker's primary employer so was perfectly within their rights to reign him in.

I thought Connolly was outstanding last night. Animated, but hit the mark with every retort to the journos and made many salient points that did not get answered adequately at all.

Interesting that Hutchy still doesn't rate us, saying we haven't beaten anyone of note (Sydney aside). Fair enough, but then the same could be said of Geelong as well. And who have Hawthorn beaten of note, judging by that standard? All quite silly, but I don't mind.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the question marks over where we are at is valid. We've had some great wins, but we've also scrapped through games which we should have maybe done a little better (not that I'm complaining). I think it's the inconsistency which leaves most journalists holding their judgement. The next 5 weeks will provide a great indicator of where we are, with us playing some tough teams in Hawthorn , St Kilda, Brisbane, Collingwood and Port.

Post Thanks / Like

What is a ghost writer exactly. Does Acker speak and Barret write?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    What is a ghost writer exactly. Does Acker speak and Barret write?
    A ghost writer proof-reads the piece and makes it publishable - some say they write the whole thing. So Barrett is effectively censoring Aker by adding his editorial and re-wording every single article that Aker brings to the table for the HS. Hypocrite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    A ghost writer proof-reads the piece and makes it publishable - some say they write the whole thing. So Barrett is effectively censoring Aker by adding his editorial and re-wording every single article that Aker brings to the table for the HS. Hypocrite.
    What makes it worse is that Barrett clearly wants it to be as controversial as possible. I would guarantee he would offer a few suggestions about how to spice the column up a little.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    What makes it worse is that Barrett clearly wants it to be as controversial as possible. I would guarantee he would offer a few suggestions about how to spice the column up a little.
    Yeah it was blatantly obvious last night that the only reason Barrett was upset is because it wasn't as controversial as he would like.

Post Thanks / Like

All of barrets articles lack substance and are outlandish dramatisations of whats actually happened. Surprised he still has a job

On the flipside, read the article about the dogs and the roos game in the Australian yesterday, and whoever the journo was did a Very good job. I think it was Jack Reily or something like that.

Post Thanks / Like

I loved the way how Chris Connelly bought up the fact that DB had said on a earlier Beat the Press that he doesn't go out to clubs and he doesn't write match reports, that he writes on off field topics.

Connelly said to him, so your just a muck racker.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.