Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zaine as good as Scarlett !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I hope Zaine makes it, he's got great characteristics to round out our back six.

Turner is leading with the chin on this one, as he often does, and I'm looking forward to the next two or three years to see how Zaine pans out.
    Agree 100%. I'm not sure why Zaine needs to have that noose around his neck right now. I can understand Turner talking up kids to try to get them drafted, but such comparisons will no doubt galvanise some supporters to have excessive expectations to be as good as the best full back in the modern age. Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited and he's a very good prospect, but he doesn't need these comments.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

He does pump up his players but thank god he did we got Luke Dalhaus after he convinced us to to nominate him for Draft screening and we scored a bargain as a rookie.

3. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BT! maybe you should be in the recruiting game. You had this one pegged yonks ago.In Zaine in the Brain hahah.
    Does seem to be a good kick!

Much enjoyed the vision of him online.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    BT! maybe you should be in the recruiting game. You had this one pegged yonks ago.In Zaine in the Brain hahah.

InZaine in the Brian!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post

You're too kind. But I'm actually way off as if I was a recruiter I'd have made us use at least our 3rd rounder. And bid on Foster. So I will stick to my day job, unlike some other more reliable watchers here. Mind you, i hope we can land young Kol in the rookie draft if he's still there. There's much to be excited about this draft. Come Thursday night we've picked 5 kids we genuinely believe can make the grade plus ZC, Jack & Jong.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    InZaine in the Brian!
    On top it already I see our Deputy.

Post Thanks / Like

Just keeping things pure, Dear Leader...
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

9. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Look forward to seeing Zaine Cordy in action next year.

How do you see now our defence lining up of course now with the addition of Hamling and Biggs. Don't know too much about these two but if any posters could fill me in that would be great. Do we keep Roughy down back. I'm not sure if moving him forward would be the best option since we have quite a lot of options there now.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Look forward to seeing Zaine Cordy in action next year.

How do you see now our defence lining up of course now with the addition of Hamling and Biggs. Don't know too much about these two but if any posters could fill me in that would be great. Do we keep Roughy down back. I'm not sure if moving him forward would be the best option since we have quite a lot of options there now.
    Me too on Zaine and I wouldn't rule him out as a potential KPB in a few years time yet. He has long arms, stands 192-193cm according to the published stats and is strong overhead.

Ronnie is 23yo & Hamlet will be 22 at the start of 2015 season. So they should be thereabouts for selection from round 1. Both can claim to have had the bad luck of being on strong lists with plenty of competition from more established players for the positions they play.

Fingers crossed on these two. It would be a real bonus for us if they are up to it.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Me too on Zaine and I wouldn't rule him out as a potential KPB in a few years time yet. He has long arms, stands 192-193cm according to the published stats and is strong overhead.

Ronnie is 23yo & Hamlet will be 22 at the start of 2015 season. So they should be thereabouts for selection from round 1. Both can claim to have had the bad luck of being on strong lists with plenty of competition from more established players for the positions they play.

Fingers crossed on these two. It would be a real bonus for us if they are up to it.
    Will be very interesting how we structure up down back as that has been a weakness of ours conceding a lot of goals.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Will be very interesting how we structure up down back as that has been a weakness of ours conceding a lot of goals.
    A lot of that is also due to the midfield allowing easy entries. There is a bit of work to do all over the ground.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we still have Roughead, Murphy, Morris, Picken & Wood. I wouldn't blame the defenders too much as the problem last year (& probably for a few years before that) is that the damage was being done further up the ground. Turnovers from skill errors and our extreme numbers around the ball style were probably the main culprits.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    A lot of that is also due to the midfield allowing easy entries. There is a bit of work to do all over the ground.
    Yes our ball use and overall skill level is a major factor too.