Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clarkson's shove on Game Day

Having looked at it I personally think Clarko did the wrong thing and it was just another dummy spit from the little man. The boys club is supporting him to the hilt though.

Not good enough for a man in his position.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    I wonder if she'd have the same view if it was Chelsea Roffey who was harassed leaving the ground, and Chelsea had've punched the guy?

It would have been a very different article.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised how many here are saying they'd have belted the bloke. Seems unnecessary. Certainly not tough.

4. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I'm surprised how many here are saying they'd have belted the bloke. Seems unnecessary. Certainly not tough.
    I don't like belting blokes. I don't think it's tough at all. But I'll belt them before they belt me, that's for sure. Nothing wrong with defending yourself.

6. Likes Ghost Dog, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Having looked at it I personally think Clarko did the wrong thing and it was just another dummy spit from the little man. The boys club is supporting him to the hilt though.

Not good enough for a man in his position.
    ??
    If it's legal to use reasonable force owing to provocation in such a situation, why can't he react like any member of the public would?
    I support him, and I'm not a big Clarkson fan ( punching walls) or a member of the boys club. I think what that idiot fan did is a little more 'boys club' in many respects.

Didn't Ross Lyon become involved in a slight altercation last season? Don't think he pushed anyone, but he gave someone a full blast.
    Tonight it turns out some Essendon fan threw a stool at Chris Judd while he was eating.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think anyone could blame him for physically trying to protect himself however, there's at least two ways he could have done so without aggressively going for the throat in the way he did.

From reports he was very close to his end destination, with that in mind he'd have been better off just putting an arm bar out across the chest and dealing with it in a more passive manner.

He genuinely opened himself up to being seriously assaulted with the way he reacted, and that is where he went wrong in my view. Self preservation is key in these instances, and his actions actually made him more prone to being injured than what a passive response might have.

Post Thanks / Like

Went for the throat, perfect defence.

The Essendon idiot.....well what an idiot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    I don't like belting blokes. I don't think it's tough at all. But I'll belt them before they belt me, that's for sure. Nothing wrong with defending yourself.
    Was the guy going to belt Clarkson or did Clarkson just get sick of a camera being stick in his face?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Was the guy going to belt Clarkson or did Clarkson just get sick of a camera being stick in his face?
    No, he was just baiting him into a reaction. He was certainly invading his space there was a little bump as they were walking and just yelling into his ear looking at the camera. Clarko give him a warning push a couple of strides before, the guy came back and then got the don't argue to the throat. He got off lightly I say.

Post Thanks / Like

Should have just ignored him and hurried into the hotel, or if he wanted to say something, could have handled it differently. Let the guy take a photo and then tell him to piss off.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rooner View Post
    No, he was just baiting him into a reaction. He was certainly invading his space there was a little bump as they were walking and just yelling into his ear looking at the camera. Clarko give him a warning push a couple of strides before, the guy came back and then got the don't argue to the throat. He got off lightly I say.
    What if Clarko punches him and he falls back hits his head on the concrete and is seriously injured?

Still justified?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    What if Clarko punches him and he falls back hits his head on the concrete and is seriously injured?

Still justified?
    Seems a silly question given Clarko didn't punch him, but I'll bite.

What if after taking the video, the bloke pulls a knife on him? Then us he allowed to defend himself?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post

What if after taking the video, the bloke pulls a knife on him? Then us he allowed to defend himself?
    im responding to the posts saying he should have dropped him. Im sure the cops who post on here would agree violence isnt the answer.

Now he could have a knife.....serious?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Someone mentioned that he likes to hit all things plastered.
    That's hilarious.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post

If the guy was carrying a knife, I couldn't think of a better thing to do to entice him into using it than striking him in the throat.