Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  90
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Round 7 2015 - Western Bulldogs V Fremantle

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I'm the opposite. I'm proud of how far we pushed Freo, but I felt they deserved the win. A little more experienced and polished when it counted, but it gave me the confidence that in 1-2 years we can challenge.

It did, however, and still, makes me bitterly angry about our loss to St. Kilda because we never should have lost that game. No excuse when you're 55 points up in the third quarter against poor opposition.
    Same for me really. That St Kilda loss will stay with me, and burn.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Same for me really. That St Kilda loss will stay with me, and burn.
    Don't worry we play them again in a 6 rounds time.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Thanks AndrewP6 thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Agree.. All key stats show that Fremantle were the dominant team on the day, but our ability to take our chances from limited opportunities and hang in there gave me a sense of satisfaction after the game.

We really would have pinched this one if we had come out victors.
    Agree with this - and whilst there are some very pleasing aspects to take out of the good effort against Freo - the 'good effort' means absolutely nothing if we don't bring that standard and beat Melbourne, well, this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Late comments on the game.

Little bit disappointed that we started a little bit timidly. We could have stopped 4 or 5 possession chains in the first 10 minutes with a little more commitment at the contest. We looked almost nervous and awe struck.

Once we settled into our game and got our hands on the ball the game turned into a genuinely 50/50 tussle.

Freo and Lyon really did their home work on us and picked us apart well. Lyon in the pre game commented that they didn't want to be overly aggressive in their ball movement or run at (he said engage) our press. They really tried to avoid our frontal pressure and used lateral kicks and switches right across the ground to get to space. It worked really well and something we will need to keep an eye on as teams plan against us.

Clearly playing Jong and Wallis together coming back from injury was a calculated gamble that didn't pay off. Both at their best and we probably win the game IMO.

We couldn't get those handball chains out off half back almost all game until the last qtr. We just couldn't get back through the corridor and we didn't take the game on enough until it was too late.

6. Likes Ozza, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Late comments on the game.

Little bit disappointed that we started a little bit timidly. We could have stopped 4 or 5 possession chains in the first 10 minutes with a little more commitment at the contest. We looked almost nervous and awe struck.

Once we settled into our game and got our hands on the ball the game turned into a genuinely 50/50 tussle.

Freo and Lyon really did their home work on us and picked us apart well. Lyon in the pre game commented that they didn't want to be overly aggressive in their ball movement or run at (he said engage) our press. They really tried to avoid our frontal pressure and used lateral kicks and switches right across the ground to get to space. It worked really well and something we will need to keep an eye on as teams plan against us.

Clearly playing Jong and Wallis together coming back from injury was a calculated gamble that didn't pay off. Both at their best and we probably win the game IMO.

We couldn't get those handball chains out off half back almost all game until the last qtr. We just couldn't get back through the corridor and we didn't take the game on enough until it was too late.
    But not all that many teams can execute the lateral movement against the press with the precision Heave-Ho did. West Coke, Ninthmond and Adelaide couldn't.

Sure hope that loss against Stk doesn't come into the tally when the finals are determined.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    But not all that many teams can execute the lateral movement against the press with the precision Heave-Ho did. West Coke, Ninthmond and Adelaide couldn't.

Sure hope that loss against Stk doesn't come into the tally when the finals are determined.
    Actually, West Coke had a different strategy, involving carrying the ball and long kicking through the corridor to break the lines, that we found hard to combat.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Easton Wood's improvement has had a massive impact on the way our team functions. Is ability to get third man up is second to none in the competition at present I reckon.