Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clash jumpers should not be all white

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Who's forearm is that behind Brian Lake? It's freaking huge!
    At a guess it's either Puopolo's upper arm, or it's Popeye.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Hawthorn all look like they've vomited a banana split on themselves. Appalling.

I really don't see who we'd need to wear a clash jumper against - apart from maybe Brisbane when they had the paddle pop lion jumper. Even Melbourne isn't an issue as white shorts take us well away from them. Their jumpers are closer to Essendon's than to ours.

Freo - no need
    Sydney - no need
    Hawthorn - no need
    Port - no need
    Geelong - no need
    Richmond - no need
    Collingwood - no need
    West Coast - - no need since they went dark blue
    North - no need. North just wear white shorts v us
    Melbourne - no need. We just wesr white shorts v them
    GC - no need
    GWS - no need
    Brisbane - no need
    Aints - no need
    Carlton - no need. We just wear white shorts v them
    Essendon - no need

Also, we always seem to play crap football in white! I'd love to get a win/loss stat on blue vs white jumper. I'll bet it's dramatically lower.
    Last edited by Webby; 19-06-2015 at 05:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

EtLjMK5.jpg

Hawthorn seem to like it !!!
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Who's forearm is that behind Brian Lake? It's freaking huge!
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    At a guess it's either Puopolo's upper arm, or it's Popeye.
    Yep Puopolo's bicep not forearm

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/video/2...-song-hawthorn
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Hawthorn all look like they've vomited a banana split on themselves. Appalling.

I really don't see who we'd need to wear a clash jumper against - apart from maybe Brisbane when they had the paddle pop lion jumper. Even Melbourne isn't an issue as white shorts take us well away from them. Their jumpers are closer to Essendon's than to ours.

Freo - no need
    Sydney - no need
    Hawthorn - no need
    Port - no need
    Geelong - no need
    Richmond - no need
    Collingwood - no need
    West Coast - - no need since they went dark blue
    North - no need. North just wear white shorts v us
    Melbourne - no need. We just wesr white shorts v them
    GC - no need
    GWS - no need
    Brisbane - no need
    Aints - no need
    Carlton - no need. We just wear white shorts v them
    Essendon - no need

Also, we always seem to play crap football in white! I'd love to get a win/loss stat on blue vs white jumper. I'll bet it's dramatically lower.
    Disagree with this .
    Couple of points - the games played now with every player around the ball , making it more difficult to ascertain who has the ball.
    Every team has changed either colors on their guernseys or panel changers I.e Collingwood back panel ditto Richmond
    Fremantle West Coast .
    If it's good enough for world wide famous sporting teams to have clash strips, the it's good enough for a domestic sport.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Disagree with this .
    Couple of points - the games played now with every player around the ball , making it more difficult to ascertain who has the ball.
    Every team has changed either colors on their guernseys or panel changers I.e Collingwood back panel ditto Richmond
    Fremantle West Coast .
    If it's good enough for world wide famous sporting teams to have clash strips, the it's good enough for a domestic sport.
    I'm not saying clash jumpers should be abolished. They're completely necessary for the majority of clubs. With 18 clubs now in the comp, it's inevitable that there will be colour clashes. Also, as you point out, the game is faster.

My point is that I think our particular jumper just happens not to clash with any others. For the record, I don't feel all that strongly about it and I actually really like our red alternate strip. However I do feel the AFL are a bit overzealous in insisting that we wear white against teams like Carlton - whose jumper looks nothing like ours.

Mind you, when Carlton play Freo for example, a change strip is absolutely necessary.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not saying clash jumpers should be abolished. They're completely necessary for the majority of clubs. With 18 clubs now in the comp, it's inevitable that there will be colour clashes. Also, as you point out, the game is faster.

My point is that I think our particular jumper just happens not to clash with any others. For the record, I don't feel all that strongly about it and I actually really like our red alternate strip. However I do feel the AFL are a bit overzealous in insisting that we wear white against teams like Carlton - whose jumper looks nothing like ours

Mind you, when Carlton play Freo for example, a change strip is absolutely necessary.
    How often is it the AFL and how often is it us choosing to wear an alternate to try and sell more merchandise?
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

I think clubs have to be smarter with their designs. The AFL can learn plenty from the EPL, and maybe some clubs should look at alternate colours from their traditional jumpers.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

My point is that I think our particular jumper just happens not to clash with any others. For the record, I don't feel all that strongly about it and I actually really like our red alternate strip. However I do feel the AFL are a bit overzealous in insisting that we wear white against teams like Carlton - whose jumper looks nothing like ours.

I think it does clash with Freo, Melbourne and a few others
    I don't see it as such a big deal, but the issue now is that there are 30 players around the ball .