Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: MRP - Round 17

Post Thanks / Like

MRP - Round 17

Macrae - can accept $1000, rough conduct on Brayden Maynard.

in other news: Will Minson
    accepts a one-match VFL suspension for making 'unreasonable or unnecessary contact to the face' v Coburg on Saturday.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRP - Round 17

I guess Minson ain't playing this week for certain now.

If $1,000 wasn't chump change to big salaried footy players I'd appeal that. Complete rubbish.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally can't believe it was even worth a fine, but thank goodness he didn't get suspended.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I guess Minson ain't playing this week for certain now.

If $1,000 wasn't chump change to big salaried footy players I'd appeal that. Complete rubbish.
    Macrae should have got a free kick awarded for Collingwood player staging

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes 1eyedog, F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Despite it being a relatively small fine, I'd still contest it if I were Jack Mac. They're ruining the game with their overly officious adjudication.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

9. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Macrae's nudge is worth the same penalty as Mitchell's 3rd offence of intentionally kneeing. That's the modern AFL for you!
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Macrae should have got a free kick awarded for Collingwood player staging
    This fine nonsense is a stain on the game. In past times these things weren't even reportable offences and shouldn't be. Taxing players for insignificant contact makes a mockery of the system and the Brownlow.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

12. Likes bornadog, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Macrae's nudge is worth the same penalty as Mitchell's 3rd offence of intentionally kneeing. That's the modern AFL for you!
    Indictment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Despite it being a relatively small fine, I'd still contest it if I were Jack Mac. They're ruining the game with their overly officious adjudication.
    Agree completely. It was worth a free for push in the back....and absolutely nothing further. And the umpire should be embarrassed that he reported Jack.

Post Thanks / Like

Every single week the MRP dismisses incidents as having insufficient force to constitute a reportable offence. How this doesn't fit into that category has me stumped.

If the umpire hadn't reported him at the time does anyone seriously think he would have been charged with an offence? This is purely to save the umpire looking like a fool.

16. Likes Drunken Bum, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The irony is that Macrae (Wallis, Dahl, etc) get shoves like that all match, every match. The only difference is that our guys don't do a Ronaldo and throw themselves on the ground at the slightest perceived touch like Brayden did.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Isn't there something about 3 fines meaning a suspension or exclusion from the Brownlow? I remembering reading that Fyfe was a fine away from losing it

If it has any effect on his good/bad record or could accumulate to something more, I would challenge
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen bigger bumps by grannies pushing their way through Coles with their zimmer frames.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

20. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Isn't there something about 3 fines meaning a suspension or exclusion from the Brownlow? I remembering reading that Fyfe was a fine away from losing it

If it has any effect on his good/bad record or could accumulate to something more, I would challenge
    Yes, that's right. Another reason to contest.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Macrae accepts sanction

Jack Macrae has accepted a $1000 sanction for engaging in rough conduct against Collingwood’s Brayden Maynard during the fourth quarter of the round 17 match on Sunday.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Collingwood Football Club, it was the view of the panel the incident should be classified as careless conduct with low impact to the body.

Macrae’s offence was classified as a $1500 sanction but due to no applicable bad record, Macrae’s early plea reduced the penalty to a $1000 sanction.

Meanwhile in the VFL, Will Minson has accepted a one-match sanction for high contact on Coburg Lions player Tom Goodwin in the fourth quarter of Saturday’s match