Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 18 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    ED? Remi
    Eddie McGuire. Sorry just had a blank for a minute
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

2. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So there's been a fair bit of talk about Higgins having a good year, so I thought I'd compare his career averages, finals averages and this year's averages:

Finals - 17.7D, 2.5M, 1.5G, 2.6T
    Career - 18.2D, 4.1M, 1.1G, 3T
    2015 - 19.2D, 4.2M, 1.7G, 4T

Considering his issues with fitness over the years he's put together some pretty solid numbers, and what you see is what you get with him for the most part. There's a dip in finals output from a disposal and tackling perspective, but it's only slight and it's clear that it's raised this year.

The knock on Higgins is that he doesn't do much against tough opposition, but his goal scoring numbers increase in finals and his disposal numbers don't really drop - but we're only talking about seven games in total and I can't be bothered looking further into it.

Once it's all said and done though, he's doing well and I'm happy for him. He had a really tough run with us injury wise and was a whipping boy for the most part because he played the part of the traffic cop on the field too often, but all said and done he's been a fairly consistent player and would fit into any team in the competition without a shred of doubt.

Post Thanks / Like

ED? Remi
    Come on Easty, I don't have Foxtel and even I know Ed means Eddie McGuire.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

5. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ED? Remi
    Eddie McGuire. Sorry just had a blank for a minute
    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Come on Easty, I don't have Foxtel and even I know Ed means Eddie McGuire.
    Easty, I had no idea either!

Post Thanks / Like

I turned over for 5 min to the Ed channel it was really bad who wants to watch 4 old men sit in a box calling a game so one sided and they didn't even show the game .. Just 4 poor losers crying about how the world was against them.
    One thing made me laugh when Ed mentioned how they were so young and that's why they made mistakes.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    How long is Buckley's contract? I can't see repeated failure being tolerated too long at Collingwood.
    I think if Bucks goes Eddie probably finishes up at the same time. I like Buckley though, think it was a brave call sweeping the broom the way he did

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I turned over for 5 min to the Ed channel it was really bad who wants to watch 4 old men sit in a box calling a game so one sided and they didn't even show the game .. Just 4 poor losers crying about how the world was against them.
    One thing made me laugh when Ed mentioned how they were so young and that's why they made mistakes.
    There were 4 boxes to choose from. One featured just Ed and his cohorts.But they did show the game if you clicked in the right box. In the correct box the game was shown and in the bottom right hand corner of the screen were Ed, Tony Shaw, Daicos & Strauchanie commentating on the game

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    There were 4 boxes to choose from. One featured just Ed and his cohorts.But they did show the game if you clicked in the right box. In the correct box the game was shown and in the bottom right hand corner of the screen were Ed, Tony Shaw, Daicos & Strauchanie commentating on the game
    Oh didn't know that .. It was horrible anyway, funny how they picked a game they thought they would win and lost.
    Arrogant sods
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

To be fair to Ed, Shawry, Chrisso & Daics, if I was commentating and the Doggies were being pumped by the Dees I would have walked out half way through the last quarter. First time the Pies have lost a "press red for Ed" game.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.