Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 19 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Hang on, I thought Bonti was having second year blues?
    Yes he did, for a week.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

So we play a team with an inform goal to goal line. Well lets see about that.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Hang on, I thought Bonti was having second year blues?
    Only if you're a dill who knows nothing about football existing on a fast diminishing reputation and not even realising you've become irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Good pick up. We may be in for a bigger fight than we've planned for this week.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    North kicked 19 goals last week, yet their oppositions CHB and FB were dominant.. Their selection in the team of the week is either BS or the rest of their defence and defensive structures were poor.

Post Thanks / Like

So what they're saying is 6 of the best 18 players of the round came from that sub-standard Roos v Dees game last weekend

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say that most of the places in the team are on the back of stats. Who has the time to watch 9 games? They'd just look at the stat sheets and choose players with the best stats for their position.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I'd say that most of the places in the team are on the back of stats. Who has the time to watch 9 games? They'd just look at the stat sheets and choose players with the best stats for their position.
    Dunn's and MacDonald's stats were just average.. If what you are saying is correct Talia would've been selected.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that team is selected by Champion Data, so its purely stats based. When a lot of players are selected from a particular game, it probably just reflects that it was a bruise free, circle work kinda game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    I think that team is selected by Champion Data, so its purely stats based. When a lot of players are selected from a particular game, it probably just reflects that it was a bruise free, circle work kinda game.
    It's up there with the NAB rising star award for credibility which previously was awarded based on who Kevin Sheehan thought was the most worthy award and I believe now extended to include the thoughts of such astute observers of the game in Ling, Richo, Frawley, DMcLachlan, Mark Evans, Darcy