Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  65
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Silly Season (post home and away season trade period) suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    New system here
    Thanks for posting that again for us BAD.

I actually think this is far too harsh on Academy players unless there are more than one expected to go in any given round. Why would a northern club invest in kids as young as 10 when even if that kid is bid Pick 1 in the draft, they only get a 600 point discount (ie about pick 31). They have to cough up 2400 points, which is between picks 2-3, to secure a player they've been developing for years. I get the angst over Heeney but I wonder whether this will see the Academies disappear, or at the very least receive less investment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    New system here
    Thanks BAD. That doesn't actually answer the question though..." If the new system is operational bidding will take place live during the draft" but if not there will be a bidding meeting before the draft. Is the system operational?

Post Thanks / Like

Andrew Moore from Port has been delisted. He's had a wretched run with injuries but his best can be quite good. 189cm midfield type who's played 55 games

I'll try and capture some of the players that get delisted between now and the 30/10.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Andrew Moore from Port has been delisted. He's had a wretched run with injuries but his best can be quite good. 189cm midfield type who's played 55 games

I'll try and capture some of the players that get delisted between now and the 30/10.
    Surely he's a better option than Kane Mitchell?

I'm surprised they've delisted him and Shaw.

Post Thanks / Like

There are quite a few KPB types in the State Leagues. Here is an article listing some of them

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-2...in-the-afl-mix

Mitchell Brown, Matt Uebergang, Tom Keogh, Pat Levicki, Sam Collins, Jake Wilson, Marcus Adams. All of these guys have been playing KPB and certainly meet the size and weight requirements.

I would be interested if any Woofers had insights into this list.

Would any be available in the rookie draft? Are any likely to require use of one of our picks of 20, 21 or 30?
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    There are quite a few KPB types in the State Leagues. Here is an article listing some of them

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-2...in-the-afl-mix

Mitchell Brown, Matt Uebergang, Tom Keogh, Pat Levicki, Sam Collins, Jake Wilson, Marcus Adams. All of these guys have been playing KPB and certainly meet the size and weight requirements.

I would be interested if any Woofers had insights into this list.

Would any be available in the rookie draft? Are any likely to require use of one of our picks of 20, 21 or 30?
    I want whomever is the next Lucas Markovic*

Not to be drafted by us.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Mitchell Brown had a great finals series in the VFL, judging by the two matches in which I saw him. His marking was thudlike (to use a Captain Beefheart expression). Sorry what I mean is, he clunked a lot of good grabs in both games and he had the demeanour of someone on a mission.
    Footscray Football Republic.

8. Thanks F'scary thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Mitchell Brown had a great finals series in the VFL, judging by the two matches in which I saw him. His marking was thudlike (to use a Captain Beefheart expression). Sorry what I mean is, he clunked a lot of good grabs in both games and he had the demeanour of someone on a mission.
    I have read somewhere recently that there is a bit of interest in Brown (3 clubs named, none of them us).
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    I have read somewhere recently that there is a bit of interest in Brown (3 clubs named, none of them us).
    Another article mentioned somewhere that 9 clubs have spoken to him, including us
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Another article mentioned somewhere that 9 clubs have spoken to him, including us
    If we aren't interested in Mitch Brown we should act like we are into him in a big way. Essendon have 2 picks between our pick 20/21 and pick 30 and if we throw enough head fakes they might be tempted to use one of them on Brown. If we are interested we say nothing.

From time to time over the last couple of years our name has been linked to Sam Grimley how the Hawks have delisted. I think it's doubtful we would still be interested but he is 199cm and is a fairly useful forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If we aren't interested in Mitch Brown we should act like we are into him in a big way. Essendon have 2 picks between our pick 20/21 and pick 30 and if we throw enough head fakes they might be tempted to use one of them on Brown. If we are interested we say nothing.

From time to time over the last couple of years our name has been linked to Sam Grimley how the Hawks have delisted. I think it's doubtful we would still be interested but he is 199cm and is a fairly useful forward.
    I would give Grimley a miss.

Truthfully I would prefer Ayce Cordy.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post

Same here but I think he should find a home.

Post Thanks / Like

Grimley won the VFL goalkicking last year and this year, is athletic and tall. He's not a mature personality yet and may get serious with a change of clubs. He has had Roughead and Gunston to compete against for spots. He would be a better around the ground ruckman than Ayce. Bevo must know him well.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Grimley won the VFL goalkicking last year and this year, is athletic and tall. He's not a mature personality yet and may get serious with a change of clubs. He has had Roughead and Gunston to compete against for spots. He would be a better around the ground ruckman than Ayce. Bevo must know him well.
    wouldn't surprise me if we picked him up.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope we don't give either another go, even as a rookie. Grimley will turn 25 at the start of preseason and has managed 3 AFL games in 6 seasons. Even Ayce did better than that.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships