Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  41
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Triple H - Heppell, Hurley, Hooker

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    He had a under par performance in the TAC GF prior to the draft but starred up until then and got great results at draft camp.

Anyway if he did then I'm thinking he's regretting his decision now.
    Is that cheating?
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

He had a under par performance in the TAC GF prior to the draft but starred up until then and got great results at draft camp.

Anyway if he did then I'm thinking he's regretting his decision now.
    That and the phantom groin problems. They got a player a couple of seasons back the same way. Pity for them he turned out a dud.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Is that cheating?

It would depend on his intention I guess. All I know is if I played in a GF and one of my teammates didn't bother in order to suit his own personal agenda then I wouldn't be very happy. He'd find himself wearing sunglasses to draft night. Maybe even a walking stick.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    That and the phantom groin problems. They got a player a couple of seasons back the same way. Pity for them he turned out a dud.
    Ariel Steinberg?
    They pull the same stunt every four or five years I reckon. Adelaide used to try it on from time to time too.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I know other clubs have accused us in the past of hiding Easton Wood and trying to dampen Lachie Hunter's underage form.

Hawthorn was accused by Adelaide of getting into Gunstun way too hard in his underage years to get him to ask for a trade if they couldn't get him in the draft.

Isn't that just working the grey area along the fair side of the line?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Ariel Steinberg?
    Probably him as well. The guy I was thinking of was Kavanagh. Had mysterious hamstring problems after an interview with Essendon as well as his father put in road blocks for other clubs to even interview him. I'm pretty sure they actually got found guilty of it at some stage over the last 10 years.

6. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably him as well. The guy I was thinking of was Kavanagh. Had mysterious hamstring problems after an interview with Essendon as well as his father put in road blocks for other clubs to even interview him. I'm pretty sure they actually got found guilty of it at some stage over the last 10 years.

Yeah I'm sure there was a story about some shenanigans to do with Steinberg.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Im Not Bitter View Post
    I'd prefer the real HHH
    With or without his sledge hammer?

9. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Would love Hooker (or Hurley). They'd be enormous for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if having one ex-bomber makes it any easier for us?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard anything about Steinberg but Kavanagh and his dad deliberately tanked interviews.

Pugz89 Guest

Isn't Crameri good mates with Hooker? May put in a good word with him for us. Not sure we really need Heppell tbh. Hooker would be my #1 target, Hurls would be a bit behind him. As for the poster who posed picking up TBC, i'd take T Campbell ahead of him. Is only 24 and is already showing signs of becoming a decent ruck for us, so long as his body holds out. Ditto with Roughy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    I haven't heard anything about Steinberg but Kavanagh and his dad deliberately tanked interviews.
    I'm sure I recall stories about him. I might be thinking of the wrong guy but it's such a distinct name. Last year when he gave Tom Boyd a touch up in the VFL I can remember thinking about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Steinberg is a 2nd rate James Gwilt. If they did anything underhand to get their hands on him then we should all be glad that they removed the small risk of him being on our list.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

16. Likes Twodogs, F'scary, Happy Days, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Steinberg is a 2nd rate James Gwilt. If they did anything underhand to get their hands on him then we should all be glad that they removed the small risk of him being on our list.
    True that, Steinberg is seriously really bad and if they had actually cheated the draft to get him then that shit is even funnier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    If anyone needs affirmation of how bad Steinberg is then go and watch Crameri put 7 up on him from last year.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

19. Likes Testekill liked this post