Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Dennis Cometti

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dennis Cometti

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Unfortunately true, Brian Taylor being a prime example - fine in small doses but for a whole game? Not for me.

Like Anthony Hudson though, seems to make it all about the play.
    I don't think there's doses small enough for me to tolerate BT. Agree on Hudson, he does ramp up the histrionics to borderline levels, but it's always about the play and never himself. I quite like McGuire too for the same reason. Dennis works better when he's the slight comic relief to the straight men.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I don't think there's doses small enough for me to tolerate BT. Agree on Hudson, he does ramp up the histrionics to borderline levels, but it's always about the play and never himself. I quite like McGuire too for the same reason. Dennis works better when he's the slight comic relief to the straight men.
    Yeah I like Eddie too. He has a passion for the game and he's good at communicating it.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yeah I like Eddie too. He has a passion for the game and he's good at communicating it.
    Not sure about Eddie commentating. It's like he is channeling Mike Williamson from Seven's "The Big League".

When Eddie's on I half expect to follow the footy with Mike W and Mary Hardy in "The Penthouse Club" with live crosses to the Trots at the Showgrounds to see some Horse with the second name of "Adios" salute and get the chocolates.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    Not sure about Eddie commentating. It's like he is channeling Mike Williamson from Seven's "The Big League".

When Eddie's on I half expect to follow the footy with Mike W and Mary Hardy in "The Penthouse Club" with live crosses to the Trots at the Showgrounds to see some Horse with the second name of "Adios" salute and get the chocolates.

And Paleface Adios winds them down the straight.

With Vinnie Knight in the sulky. He seemed to have all the winners. Great TV, I'm not sure how it would fit in modern society though.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    And Paleface Adios winds them down the straight.

With Vinnie Knight in the sulky. He seemed to have all the winners. Great TV, I'm not sure how it would fit in modern society though.
    Poor Vinnie died too early.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeez, I was about 5 or 6 when The Penthouse Club wound up (was great Dogs man Ernie Sigley also involved?), talk about an icon of it's time. It's funny how some callers just take you back to another era. I'm pretty weird, but Kelly Underwood always had me reminiscing about Harry Beitzel - I'm all for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Jeez, I was about 5 or 6 when The Penthouse Club wound up (was great Dogs man Ernie Sigley also involved?), talk about an icon of it's time. It's funny how some callers just take you back to another era. I'm pretty weird, but Kelly Underwood always had me reminiscing about Harry Beitzel - I'm all for it.
    Yes Ernie was a compere at one stage with Mary Hardy PP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Gerard Wheatley for me.
    Wonder why he dosn't call games on Fox?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    Gerard Wheatley for me.
    Wonder why he dosn't call games on Fox?
    I think his loyalties are with ABC radio although he could take his pick. He's made quite the career for himself.