Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Worst Kicks of All Time

Christian Howard, he could turn an out of bounds free kick into an opposition free kick for out on the full without anyone else being involved better than any player I've seen.

He did shin through a helicopter punt for a goal in the VFL grand final though!
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Andrew Dunkley wasn't great
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Christian Howard, he could turn an out of bounds free kick into an opposition free kick for out on the full without anyone else being involved better than any player I've seen.

He did shin through a helicopter punt for a goal in the VFL grand final though!

The most glorious shank I have ever seen. It could have gone everywhere but I remain convinced that bulldog throng behind that goal all inhaled at exactly the same time and dragged the ball on a stream jet through the goals.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

4. Likes boydogs, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Geoff Leak from Essendon - couldn't kick over a jam tin. Ken Beck from Hawthorn was worse. Barry Round - a study in woefulness. Jayde Rawlings - cost us games. I'd like to say he had the yips bit yips can be cured. His problems were in his DNA. David Thorpe - a ball magnet who would spray it in a sort of general direction towards a target. Peter Featherby - ball magnet. Jack Dyer once said "at least when he's got the ball the other side hasn't." - says it all really. Emmett Dunne - ordinary but it didn't matter much; he couldn't get a kick in an interview room. David Polkinghorne from Hawthorn. His standard kick was a 35mt mongrel punt out of bounds. Brian Dixon - kicked with all the grace of a drunken emu. Mick Nolan - no matter how he deliberated it always went skew wiff. David Cloke - kicked with the elegance of a wart hog. Paul Kelly - sort of just hacked it forward. John Ibrahim from North. His kicking action defied the laws of physics. It took slow motion film to reveal his secret. Ron Barassi - what he lacked in skill he more than compensated for with guts and physicality. Kevin Murray from Fitzroy - could not kick to save himself but he won a Brownlow. Liam Jones - I loved it when Carlton snapped him up. Kick a pressure goal? Hell would freeze over first. Alan Daniels - missed three getable set shots in the third quarter of a prelim against Hawthorn. Garry Lazarous - from Fitzroy. Turned the simple act of kicking the ball into an arcane ritual totally beyond his understanding.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Gary Dempsey was a woeful kick too.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.