Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers and Anchors - Round 2 2016

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    B:
    Our backline....for the second week in a row
    Marcus Adams....continues to surprise
    Caleb Daniel....a pure footballer.

A:
    Suckling and Dahl's dinky shots at goal. FFS just kick the ball properly.
    Stringer was lazy tonight.
    Bont's ball use was unbelievably poor tonight.
    Disagree about Stringer. He struggled to get into the game so took it on himself to taken a run in the centre square, plus moved up the field to get involved. Ended up with 18 touches and a couple of goals. His blaze away miss was his low point of the night, but I wouldn't describe his performance as lazy.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes strebla, Greystache, Mantis, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

Libba - Getting back to his best

Hunter - 35 possies is a great effort

Daniel - What a star he is and just can run so much. Will be a handful for a lot of opposition players.

Adams - Very good down back especially for a new player to the club

Anchors

Goal Kicking - Needs to get better as could cost us in closer games
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Disagree about Stringer. He struggled to get into the game so took it on himself to taken a run in the centre square, plus moved up the field to get involved. Ended up with 18 touches and a couple of goals. His blaze away miss was his low point of the night, but I wouldn't describe his performance as lazy.
    Definitely not the worst out there. Did ok and T Boyd did better I reckon than last week.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

1. The miserly backline for only allowing 5 goals again

2. Adams, he can play footy - the new Brian Lake for judging a mark and can kick the ball a mile

3. The MC for not getting sucked in to bring in out of form talls.

Anchors

1. Macrae's disposal - can't believe it was at 73.3% efficiency, I thought he was lucky to hit 10 targets from his 29 disposals.

2. The missed easy goals - set shots and stupid dribbles
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

B:
    10 goals in 8 quarters of footy. A pass mark!
    Adams. Any wonder Bevo wanted him badly.
    JJ.

A:
    BS dribble kicks, BS bouncing attempts at goal. Garbage footy.
    Kicking for goal generally. Sub afl standard.
    Tom Boyd not getting painfully obvious free kicks.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

T Boyd I reckon more closer to the banker. Took some good marks and kicked a few.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bankers

1. The miserly backline for only allowing 5 goals again

2. Adams, he can play footy - the new Brian Lake for judging a mark and can kick the ball a mile

3. The MC for not getting sucked in to bring in out of form talls.

Anchors

1. Macrae's disposal - can't believe it was at 73.3% efficiency, I thought he was lucky to hit 10 targets from his 29 disposals.

2. The missed easy goals - set shots and stupid dribbles
    I don't think it's a case of the MC not picking out of form talls. Based on the last two weeks at VFL level, you couldn't call either of Collins or Hamling (or even Cordy) as out of form. It's just that the MC has a defensive system they want to adhere to at the moment, and another tall is counter productive.

I believe we'll see more key defensive cover away from Etihad.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

9. Likes Mantis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers- Intesity , great again
    The defense, wonderful just to concede 5 goals again
    Hunter, thought he was outstanding
    Adams , just wow, great competitor, very good composure . Looks like he's already played 100 games .
    JJ, what an exhilarating player we have . He's improvement has been extraordinary .
    Anchors - no players, but our conversion has to improve. Just a little to sloppy with our disposal, although I thought they pressured us more than Freo .
    - The commentary, the constant reference to stkilda being younger than the dogs . Completely wrong

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Stringers issues looked like they started early in the match when he took a strong mark and got driven into the ground after it. He was holding his stomach and reportedly vomited in the players race post match. I thought he had a solid but not outstanding match. Also Dempster/Webster seemed like a decent match up for him.

I was far more concerned with Bont's match. Started like the superstar we know he can be, but doesn't seem to have his match fitness at the appropriate level yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

Adams - what a find! He never looks like he'll get beaten.
    Dahl - he had a relatively quiet night possession wise but his tackling pressure was first class. He created a few goals with just his pressure in our forward line.
    Team defence - I sat in the nose bleed section and one good thing about it is you can see how we zone up. Our work rate as a team unit is right up there. We are also very smart in cutting off the opposition options making most of their disposals be under pressure.

ANCHORS

Goal kicking - again like last week we have kept the door ajar for the opposition to believe that the have a chance. We will pay dearly if this trend continues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Bankers- Intesity , great again...

Anchors -...
    - The commentary, the constant reference to stkilda being younger than the dogs . Completely wrong
    STK................................................ WB
    Average Attributes
    186.5cm Height 186.7cm
    84.8kg Weight 84.8kg
    25yr 3mth Age 24yr 7mth
    95.5 Games 82.5

Stk......................................................... ....... WB
    Total Players By Games
    10 Less than 50 9
    4 50 to 99 8
    3 100 to 149 1
    5 150 or more 4
    (source: Footywire)

True, we were the younger, less experienced side on the night.
    Last edited by F'scary; 03-04-2016 at 05:04 AM.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:
    Defence
    : Read a stat that said in the 16 odd years we have playing at Etihad we have never held a team to less than 40 points. We've done it twice this year.

Win out of form: It's weird but that was the least satisfying 57 point win over St.Kilda in their club greats milestone match we could have. We never really got going, were sloppy and had many players not meet their usual standards and influence on a match (Bont, Stringer, Boyd, Wood etc. were all quiet or wasteful). Encouraging to dominate an opponent so easily without many of our key players actually performing.

Marcus Adams: I was excited when we drafted him, disappointed when I thought he wasn't as tall as advertised, worried when I saw his disposal in the NAB challenge, but 2 games in and he looks incredibly impressive. He is like a hybrid Wood/Lake with his intercept marking, his kicking is excellent and his tackling is great. Could not be more impressed with the start he has made to his career.

Anchors:
    Goalkicking:
    It's infuriating how bad we are inside 50. I can't believe how little emphasis we seem to be placing on getting this right because it will cost us games, and even yesterday we could have put the game away by mid second quarter if we capitalised. Our next step is to ruthlessly put teams to the sword. Until we start converting we won't do that, although the sheer weight of chances we generate is impressive.
    Saints fans that left early: Yeah I know they got done. I know they never really looked like fighting back. But surely you stay around to the end to clap Riewoldt off. Tbf most of them did, but it should have been all. Btw it really felt like a retirement game for Riewoldt even though he was one of their best.
    Suckling: He is clearly talented and will be a weapon, but if he is going to do arrogant round the corner kicks (even if he is actually more accurate from them) he has to nail them otherwise he will soon become the next Gia/Higgins/Grant and be a real supporter whipping boy. Also needs to be prepared to give it off quicker around the ground. Was caught a couple of times cruising trying to do it all when there were better options open.
    Last edited by soupman; 03-04-2016 at 10:13 AM.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

15. Thanks F'scary thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

* JJ - if he was close to the AA squad last year he is in the team now.. Just a jet.. People forget he missed the EF. He would've made a big difference.

* Adams - Just a seamless entry into AFL footy.. Good in the air and on the ground and a good distributor.

* T. Boyd - the signs are there.. FF two years and he kicks 6 or 7.

* McLean - got an opportunity and is making the most of it.

Anchors:

* Macrae - bloody frustrating!! His ability to get the ball is A+, his ability to dispose it is an F!

* Goal kicking - not where it needs to be.. Need to make our good work count!

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

- Our defenders are miserly but not in that dour sense. They take the game on and keep driving us forward
    - Johannisen progress is amazing and it's not just his run and carry. There was an effort on the wing where he just timed a bump on an opposition player which made sure JJ was now the only player who could get the ball.
    - Adams makes a huge difference to our defensive unit. Great recruiting.

Anchors

- Set shot goal kicking conversions. It's going to cost us when it counts if we don't start addressing it.
    - Suckling and Dahlhaus with their dribbling kicks for goal. I hope they are called out for it and not just accepted.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Bankers:

* JJ - if he was close to the AA squad last year he is in the team now.. Just a jet.. People forget he missed the EF. He would've made a big difference.

* Adams - Just a seamless entry into AFL footy.. Good in the air and on the ground and a good distributor.

* T. Boyd - the signs are there.. FF two years and he kicks 6 or 7.

* McLean - got an opportunity and is making the most of it.

Anchors:

* Macrae - bloody frustrating!! His ability to get the ball is A+, his ability to dispose it is an F!

* Goal kicking - not where it needs to be.. Need to make our good work count!
    Spot on Mantis. I had forgotten