Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers and Anchors - Round 4 2016

Bankers

1. Lachie Hunter - picked up where he left off last year.

2. Marcus Bontempelli - quality > quantity.

3. Any win against that mob is satisfying.

Anchors

1. The crowd.....they are supposed to be a big 4 club...we drew more to our game against Fremantle on Easter Sunday at lunch time.

2. The footy gods....go pick on someone else for once. Two weeks of hell at the Kennel - Bob, JJ, Woody, Suckers, Tommy Boyd, Hrovat and Prudden all copping the wrath.

3. Passing into the forward line - kick to to Jake and Tommy's advantage for once. Poor 2 weeks in a row.
    Footscray member since 1980.

2. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers
    Hunter - has been a model of consistency for some time now
    Biggs - continues to earn his keep
    Roughead - ultimate swingman

Anchors
    Last quarter goal scoring drying up - clearly we lost our structure
    Injuries to quickest players on our list
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

Dale Morris - just supreme reading of the play and work rate.
    Biggs - was everywhere.
    Bonti - even though he was quiet, we are struggling a bit to score, and he kicked 3 which blew the game open, all were class.

Anchors:

T.Boyd - just hopeless. Dropped marks, or ineffective in contests. Feel like I'm watching Liam Jones again, in that I'm absolutely desperate for him to do well, but have no confidence when he has a chance to mark or gets near it.
    Injuries.
    Lack of forward structure in much of the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Bankers:

Dale Morris - just supreme reading of the play and work rate.
    Biggs - was everywhere.
    Bonti - even though he was quiet, we are struggling a bit to score, and he kicked 3 which blew the game open, all were class.

Anchors:

T.Boyd - just hopeless. Dropped marks, or ineffective in contests. Feel like I'm watching Liam Jones again, in that I'm absolutely desperate for him to do well, but have no confidence when he has a chance to mark or gets near it.
    Injuries.
    Lack of forward structure in much of the game.
    Understand your feeling on Boyd, but Jones never rucked 30-40% of a game at 20 years old. Boyd also tackled and competed very well which you never saw with Jones. That one on Weitering was awesome. Just going to have to accept that some games he'll look good and other times he'll look like a gumby. And it'll be that way for another year or 2.

The thing I can't stand is the easy dollies he can drop. That chest mark on the wing was painful and just sets the wrong tone for the night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Understand your feeling on Boyd, but Jones never rucked 30-40% of a game at 20 years old. Boyd also tackled and competed very well which you never saw with Jones. That one on Weitering was awesome. Just going to have to accept that some games he'll look good and other times he'll look like a gumby. And it'll be that way for another year or 2.

The thing I can't stand is the easy dollies he can drop. That chest mark on the wing was painful and just sets the wrong tone for the night.
    Yep - he drops an easy dolly up on the wing once per week.

I've been trying to view Boyd's games with as rosy coloured glasses as I can up until now - but I am just getting really nervous about how far off he looks like being a footballer.

Yes, he tackles and competes - but it would be good if he occasionally showed us a glimpse of class or dominance in a contest.

At 20 years old Jones was going better than Boyd - and took the 5th most contested marks in the competition for 2011. Let's hope the trajectory of Tom's career is vastly different from here on out.