Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things I've learned Bulldogs V Carlton.

1. Some of our key blokes who played so well last week looked tired and 'off' the whole game - even when we were creaming them in the first half. Add to that injuries during game to JJ, Roughie, Suckers and Toyd and we were struggling.
    2. We must be averaging around 90pts per game yet I still feel like our forward line not functioning well. Seems like Jake and Tom Boyd (when not in the ruck) are the only targets and neither had good games on Saturday night. Time to bring in Dickson and one of Redpath/Campbell/Minno ? Im not sure.
    3. If you look back through premiership seasons you'll find the Premiers had plenty of scrappy games when they weren't on song and plenty of injuries too. Point is they kept winning. Just like we did on Saturday night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Templeton31 View Post
    2. We must be averaging around 90pts per game yet I still feel like our forward line not functioning well. Seems like Jake and Tom Boyd (when not in the ruck) are the only targets and neither had good games on Saturday night. Time to bring in Dickson and one of Redpath/Campbell/Minno ? Im not sure.
    I was talking about this at work the other day. We are getting most of our goals from repeat entries and forward pressure. I'm like you, I don't think we've gelled there yet. Dixon coming back will help.

3. Likes Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. If you're second to the footy all night the free kick count is going the other team's way.
    2. JJ is too fast for even his hammies to keep up.
    3. Boyd Jr's only problem is trying too hard. Needs to clear his head a bit.

5. Likes Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    He has motioned to his lower abdomen, groin area a few times when leaping for the ball on the lead. It might be a niggle that he is struggling to deal with. His general movement and running capacity doesn't appear to have been impacted though so it seems it is only minor if it is there at all.
    This happened top him a few times last year each time he was asked he said cramp!

1.Suckling is proving his worth already. Love those bullet like long kicks from the backline. Has a bit of tow about him too which we need now to make up for missing Bob and JJ. This make makes him an important piece of the puzzle.

2. I like Jongy's hardness at the ball and his intercept goal was brilliant. Hope he stays in.

3. Despite injuries and not playing well we can still keep the opposition to a low score and win comfortably.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Our ability to defend across the ground makes us difficult to play against. Three out of four games our opposition have scored under 50. That is sensational.
    2. Our forward line needs more options. Looking forward to having Dickson back. Would also like to see Crampbell given a run.
    3. Suckling. Is significantly better than our last # 1.

8. Likes Templeton31, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. we can grind out a win
    2. when some players are down, we now seem to have enough others to pull thru (Hunter, Daniel, Biggs, Macrae, Suckling)
    3. missing Crameri more than I thought we would
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

1. A goal against the Bulldogs at the moment is gold.
    2. Hawthorn will miss Suckling this year, they simply have to after seeing what he did to Carlton on Saturday night.
    3. We need to get smart about how we set up down back. We haven't got any super fast players left to play the role the way Murph and JJ do so we now need elite kicks there.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Scrappy 6 goal wins are glorious.
    2. I think the umpires are jealous of Tom Boyd's contract.
    3. Carlton really miss Liam Jones. When he's fit and available for selection they could be something else
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

12. Likes Ghost Dog, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    3. Carlton really miss Liam Jones. When he's fit and available for selection they could be something else
    He kicked 5! (.....for the Bullants)

Post Thanks / Like

1. Keeping oppos to less than 50 points is great. Don't like watching the other mob celebrating goals against us, so teams having so much trouble scoring against us is heaven.

2. Levi Casboult is worse than I thought....Liam Jones must be really hopeless now if this dud gets a game ahead of him.

3. Matthew Suckling's foot skills are worth the price of admission!!!
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

1.Our pressure makes our opp. nervous and their mistakes are ineviatable for us to pounce and punish.

2.The ball delivery to Toyd is putrid.

3.Caleb Daniel is a Star.

16. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    3.Caleb Daniel is a Star.
    A rising star
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

18. Likes chef, Twodogs, N/A, Templeton31, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    He's fit, available and back this week! In the Blues side v Dockers.

Post Thanks / Like

1. The highlight was the lack of a lot of highlights. It's good to bank a six goal with the injurys and all.
    2. A smooth run from the umpires would have been nice the week before.
    3. Gee that Caleb Daniel can play.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.