Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
Has anyone thought it might be a plus for Edgewater?
We are all here saying how bad it will be but it must have good points too,eg, jobs, tourists, entertainment, business.
I bet the council hasnt gone to the residents with the good points also.

Another thing is, they are fighting over the "hilton" ,what has that got to do with the Whitten Oval development ? apart from pokie movement?
Seems to me there is someone who doesnt like the Bulldogs in the council or has a power ego.

Is it because of the Hilton problem that the council has tried to black mail the bulldogs out of it by refusing permits at the Whitten oval?
And now the council has sooked up again by saying well the government has taken over so let them find the million we were offering.

We all know that the Whitten oval developement is great for the west, so why are the council being negative towards it all of a sudden?
Another point, alright Edgewater dont want it, so why cant the council at least pull out a map of the area and show the dogs other plots that it would be suitable?
Wouldnt that be working together???
I think the Edgewater residents have weighed up the good with the bad: its like the residents near Mt Alexander Rd in Ascot Vale who have pubs/clubs/pokies halls near their homes and every now and then agroup of maniacs decide to kick in their car doors, scream for an hour or two at 3 in the morning, spew on the road, tear up their letter boxes

From what I've read the Western Oval (WO) issue is because the bullies didn't apply to have approval to use part of the WO development to house the activities of the university, even though the Dogs management intended to use the development in this way about 10 months ago. They eventually put in their application a month or two ago and, as is the law, needed to allow time for community consultation to take place until September, which would have meant construction works couldn't go ahead until after that time had elapsed. The builders then threatened to walk off the job. So whose fault is that? I mean what right have the dogs management to expect one law for them and a different law for the rest of us? For f_cks sake you need a permit to build a friggin' pergola in your backyard. How incompetent are they not to know you can't build without a permit? And with that, that there would be a period set aside for community consultation? Be proud that the Council tried to uphold the law without fear OR FAVOUR, and not be bullied by an incompetent developer.

Its up to the bullies to suggest the location, make a submission for a permit, allow for community consultation and for the Council to hear the grievances of the locals, see the submission of the developer and THEN make a decision. The Council can't predict the outcome of this until it happens.