Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whole of Club Momentum

Winning winning winning. I just love winning! We are starting to get good at it too.

Wouldn't it be something if the women's team, the VFL team and the AFL team could win their premierships.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

2. Likes HOSE B ROMERO, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Another tick for Sunday. Keep this momentum rolling!!
    Can we add another Momentum Strategy wish for Monday BT?
    Opp. MRP findings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    Can we add another Momentum Strategy wish for Monday BT?
    Opp. MRP findings.
    That'd be a nice cherry.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

That'd be a nice cherry.
    Oohhh yeah.

Post Thanks / Like

Just on that march to the 'G; i'd like to see it led by 'Jock' Edmond and the boys from '85. They have unfinished business.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Winning winning winning. I just love winning! We are starting to get good at it too.

Wouldn't it be something if the women's team, the VFL team and the AFL team could win their premierships.
    Footscray won the 2013-14 Premier Cricket whatever the District Cricket Premiership became and the 2014 VFL Premiership as well. Made Footscray cricket and footy kings of Victoria.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

8. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, we missed re-signings stories for momentum today but got a nice reward from the MRP if we get through. Still need something tomorrow. Bevo confirmed Crameri is back Wednesday to training, so that's our good news story for Wedmesday locked in.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

With the fans having a chance to get around him at Thursday's open session.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    With the fans having a chance to get around him at Thursday's open session.
    I hope he's a leader of a march to the g.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Just on that march to the 'G; i'd like to see it led by 'Jock' Edmond and the boys from '85. They have unfinished business.
    Jock Edmond... He broke our hearts in 1985...! I realise he was low balled by the club's administration, but he walked out as captain of my footy team. As a supporter, that was crushing. It really deflated the place at a time where we really could have built on our momentum and gone after the '86 flag.

As it turned out, Jock left, Doug's knee went and Malthouse and Hardie fell out..... It all seemed to have started with Jock...

13. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Jock Edmond... He broke our hearts in 1985...! I realise he was low balled by the club's administration, but he walked out as captain of my footy team. As a supporter, that was crushing. It really deflated the place at a time where we really could have built on our momentum and gone after the '86 flag.

As it turned out, Jock left, Doug's knee went and Malthouse and Hardie fell out..... It all seemed to have started with Jock...
    Sadly as a Club we have had a history of these events that only a history of success will fix.The turnaround in the past two years has been remarkable putting us in a strong position to build on sustained success. To defeat Hawthorn on Friday night would be a massive achievement to emerge as one of the top 4 Clubs in the AFL which then becomes the springboard for building on our record membership and at the same time open up additional sponsorship opportunities. The appointments of Bevo Simon Dalrymple, Jason McCartney and Ashley Hansen has put us in a sound and excellent Coaching and Football list and recruitment management. The choice of Robert Murphy as Captain was a master stroke as has the emergence of Bontempelli as a future on field leader. This is our best opportunity in along time to build on what has developed over the past couple of years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post

Lally Bamblett's weight blew out. Brian Cordy did his knee. Budgie and Jim Sewell retired. Our star recruit Max Crow was injured so badly in round four or five that he ended up having to retire. I think Rick Kennedy played injured all year. Some players getting on the grog a bit to much, one or two far too much. A lot went wrong.

You take Edmonds 40 goals and Bamblett's 50 goals and Buhargiar's 35 goals out of the score from the year before and that's a lot of goals to make up.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Lally did get fat! A pity as he was an extremely gifted player. Don't know about Max Crow, though. He was five years past his best footy by the time he crossed to us.

Other factors were Shorty Daniels morphing from Tarzan to Jane from 1985 to 1986. Neil Cordy (one of the few players to play better footy away from Mick Malthouse - both before and after) fell out of favour with Mick. He basically went missing between the first final of 1985 and his eventual arrival in Sydney. Budgie looked very tired by the end of '85. I have a theory that he might've been crushed by Essendon's success... The quality of his footy probably would have warranted a slot in Essendon's '85 flag side - had he not crossed to us.. Groenewegen hit the p1ss, Steve MacPherson went a bit awry...

..... But it all started with Jock!! I reckon a lot of the above wouldn't have happened if Jock hadn't deflated the place. I think a lot of the above was driven by the "Well, bugger it, then!" factor.

Post Thanks / Like

Momentum Strategy:

Thursday - Huge win. Tick.
    Friday - Great press. Tick.
    Saturday - Travis Cloke story - said to be ripping up his contract to play for the dogs on a low wage. Tick.
    Sunday - VFL Team win. Tick.
    Monday - Player re-contract announcements. Miss.
    Tuesday - Sponsorship extension announcements. Miss. But good press.
    Wednesday - Get Crameri back at training. Locked in. Tick.
    Thursday - Team announcement. Obviously locked in.
    Friday - March to the G (Tick.) led by Stew Crameri, Russell Gilbert & former players and of course beat Hawthorn.
    Saturday - Win VFL Preliminary Final and get into another VFL Grand Final.
    Sunday - Repeat again with a VFL Grand Final build up.
    Toby with his first final.
    Cloke joins the club.
    #bulldogmomentum

Post Thanks / Like

And another tick, MOMENTUM!!!