Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  60
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Perth Doggies supporters

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    There is no Hyde st band anymore. My daughter's grade six class at Hyde st. In 2013 had 6 kids. My son's graduating class 3 years earlier had over 200.

Since they took the Steiner stream away numbers fell off alarmingly. Thank good the economic rationalists have had their day or the school would have been knocked down and apartments built.
    The school is going great guns now. 80+ in each of Grade 1 and Prep - the current principal and vice principal have done an enormous job. By the time my kids finish there it will be 500+.

2. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    The school is going great guns now. 80+ in each of Grade 1 and Prep - the current principal and vice principal have done an enormous job. By the time my kids finish there it will be 500+.
    Cool. That's why they were limping on with so few students. They knew numbers would increase dramatically once word got round there was a perfectly good school with hardly any students in it. We were really lucky that she got to spend a couple of years at primary school with virtually her own teacher. It made ceremonies like graduation a bit of a strain but the rest was all good.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Leicester City won. Cavaliers won. Cubs are red hot favourites to win the World Series.

Droughts can be broken.
    ...Soooo, are you saying Trump can win???

Post Thanks / Like

Leicester City won. Cavaliers won. Cubs are red hot favourites to win the World Series.

Droughts can be broken.
    Replace Cubs for Indians and your on the money!!!!
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply ... But what a night !!!

It started with a staff meeting at school (you have to attend when you're the boss); so I got changed into all my Bulldog gear before the meeting and conducted it with great aplomb (majority of staff are Eagles supporters; they weren't happy about the colours). After the meeting I had to get my wife to meet me in Subiaco with my son (EJ - 6 years old) so he could also attend as well ... seriously AFL, what were you thinking having a 6pm Thursday game??? On the way in I caught up with Adam Cooney who was over to do a couple of talks in private functions etc. I spoke to Adam for about ten minutes ... Great guy.

Lining up to get food, a 12(ish) year old gets right in the face of my son and yells 'Enjoy your last game of footy for the year loser' ... the 12 y.o.'s Dad was two steps behind him; dad gives him a high five and a huge belly laugh ... great parenting (Geez I wish I could have found them after the game).

Anyway ... My son turned to me at the end of the first quarter and said 'Daddy, we are going to win'. I told him to shut up and not curse the lead we had. He did the same at half time, and again at three quarter time ... every time I told him to stop cursing the game. At the 20 minute mark of the last quarter I turned to my son and said we are going to win ... he told me not to curse it.

At the end of the game I had tears in my eyes; not because of the fact that we had beaten the team I hate the most in the AFL and put them out of the finals (as great as that was), but because I realised at that moment it was the first time my 6 y.o. son had seen the Bulldogs win live (not on TV). I was so proud, looking at him screaming the lyrics out to Sons Of The West. It was just two weeks earlier he had tears in his eyes because the Dockers had beaten us.

The next day at work (Friday) was our School Sports Carnival ... surprisingly staff and parents were very reluctant to talk about footy. Needless to say, I was happy to fill the awkward silences with Sons Of The West blaring on the loud speaker on the oval.

I am still riding the wave of euphoria ... A great night indeed !!
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Anyway ... My son turned to me at the end of the first quarter and said 'Daddy, we are going to win'. I told him to shut up and not curse the lead we had.

Hahaha that's the best

8. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scraggers View Post
    needless to say, i was happy to fill the awkward silences with sons of the west blaring on the loud speaker on the oval
    Haha!
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

10. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Droughts can be broken.
    Don't write off the Tribe from Cleveland.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    Don't write off the Tribe from Cleveland.
    I'm not a big baseball follower so they're no doubt a good chance, too. But Cubs are favourites right now, yah?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

How could I forget Hibernian and the Scottish Cup. 114 years of pain and heartache swept away by one on target header in the 92nd minute.
    GLORY GLORY TO THE HIBEES
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]