Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  39
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2016 Cash Converters - Recycling Pre-Loved Players

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Gumbleton!
    Poor Gumby. The player who never was.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Who has blind faith in the club's recruiting? If anything, most people are overly critical.

Definite bullet dodged, and not the first by JMac (Lonergan, Greenwood, Dawes off the top of my head).
    After 2016, I do!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Barlow delisted , is he worth a rookie spot as a mature age as a Adcock like insurance ? His played in a GF and a few prelims . Cannot believe how much he has fallen out of favour. What's Lyon et al coaches doing to turn these guys off form???
    Last edited by GVGjr; 24-10-2016 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Non functional caps lock

Post Thanks / Like

Josh Green delisted by Brisbane after not getting a trade done.
    Barlow has had several clubs talk to him. Looks like getting another shot at it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Barlow delisted , is he worth a rookie spot as a mature age as a Adcock like insurance ? His played in a GF and a few prelims . Cannot believe how much he has fallen out of favour. What's Lyon et al coaches doing to turn these guys off form???
    I imagine someone will give him a senior list spot so he wont be interested in rookie spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I imagine someone will give him a senior list spot so he wont be interested in rookie spot.
    He's a senior player and no doubt a club will help him in that endeavour. While I don't think we will offer him a spot on the senior list after losing Hrovat and Stevens and having Wallis on a long term injury our depth is a lot thinner and I think we should seriously consider Barlow. I'm hoping we go for broke to win another flag and Barlow would improve our list.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Andrejs Everitt has announced his own delisting!

Post Thanks / Like

We still have the right to have players train with us for a while don't we?

If so, I'd invite Everitt down for a week or two and have a close look what he can do in a zone defence system, with a view only to the rookie list.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

If so, I'd invite Everitt down for a week or two and have a close look what he can do in a zone defence system, with a view only to the rookie list.

I think you still can. Everitt has the same sort of athleticism as Hamling and could be a handy player that could also cover a gap within the list. He was Carlton's leading goal kicker in 2015 wasn't he? It couldn't hurt to offer him somewhere to train for a few weeks until the PSD/Rookie draft
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think you still can. Everitt has the same sort of athleticism as Hamling and could be a handy player that could also cover a gap within the list. He was Carlton's leading goal kicker in 2015 wasn't he? It couldn't hurt to offer him somewhere to train for a few weeks until the PSD/Rookie draft
    Pretty sure he was leading or second in 2015. They were desperate I understand, but they had him down the wrong end for the majority of his time there. He's on last chance saloon, so you'd hope he'd take an invite to train seriously. If he can't concentrate of our defensive structures well enough to play well, he can go home. But as you say, he has a similar height, weight and athletism as Hamling. As a mature rookie, with two upgrade options early on, he's worthy of a look at training in my book.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm keen on having at least look at Everitt. A very low cost replacement for Hamling.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

You can't teach someone workrate and intensity, especially after 10 years in the system. I don't think Everitt will ever learn these two critical components to go with his obvious talent.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

14. Likes jeemak, Remi Moses liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Josh Green delisted by Brisbane after not getting a trade done.
    Barlow has had several clubs talk to him. Looks like getting another shot at it.
    I wouldn't mind having a look at Green
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    I wouldn't mind having a look at Green
    I read in yesterday's HUN that the reason why Brisbane delisted him was that he wanted $500,000 per year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I read in yesterday's HUN that the reason why Brisbane delisted him was that he wanted $500,000 per year
    So he & Lewis Taylor want a combined $1,000,000 a year, or 10% of the salary cap spent on just them two....

*!*!*!*!ing dreaming!

18. Likes N/A liked this post