Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
    Post Thanks / Like

The best games of the 2016 AFL season, with GIFs

Link: The best games of the 2016 AFL season, with GIFs by Ryan Buckland, Theroar.

3 of our games are rated in the top 10:

8. Round 3: Western Bulldogs vs Hawthorn
    Why: Significance, high stakes, a close finish
    3. Grand final: Sydney vs Western Bulldogs
    Why: High stakes, individual brilliance, significance, a high-quality game, a close finish
    1. Preliminary final: Greater Western Sydney vs Western Bulldogs
    Why: High stakes, individual brilliance, significance, a high-quality game, a close finish
    Would you agree? One thing I know for sure that we are watch-able and should be featured in the limelight/prime-time for the next decade.
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The best games of the 2016 AFL season, with GIFs

I would have the Round 15 Sydney Swans game in before the Hawks game.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

3. Likes bornadog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd go with our Elim. Final win over West Coke before the Rd.3 Hawks loss as well as us beating them up in the Semi.

Post Thanks / Like

No doubting no. 1
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

6. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see the Port v Dogs game listed in the honorable mentions. This was my favourite H&A match of the season - a very high quality standard game from both teams that had everything, including a close finish.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

We had a heap of games this year where it was only the closeness of the scores that made it interesting.luckily we won nearly all of them.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

We have the best style of football going around at the present. Lots of skill, lashings of grunt, plenty of passion, plenty of steely warriors, some genuine dashers and plenty of genuine stars. Take Easton Wood for example. He can take a genuine specky and not just your common garden type. Able to contort his body to pull off the seemingly impossible. The Bont. Does it all. Agility in close, magic hands, supreme vision, great pace and balance, a big heart, smart - rolled gold once-in-a-generation player. Jake Stringer - like the bull in the China Shop he can leave a trail of damage in his wake. When he's got the ball you sometimes get the feeling he could do ANYTHING! A bullocking, rollicking type who's blessed with great skill, super acceleration and serious strength.

Liam Picken - the competitor's competitor. Never out of a contest. Plays tall, plays small and plays with PASSION.
    JJ - covers the ground like a Thompson's gazelle. And when he puts the after burners on it's "see you later alligator "

I could go on but I think you get the picture.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

10. Likes AndrewP6, ratsmac, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    We have the best style of football going around at the present. Lots of skill, lashings of grunt, plenty of passion, plenty of steely warriors, some genuine dashers and plenty of genuine stars. Take Easton Wood for example. He can take a genuine specky and not just your common garden type. Able to contort his body to pull off the seemingly impossible. The Bont. Does it all. Agility in close, magic hands, supreme vision, great pace and balance, a big heart, smart - rolled gold once-in-a-generation player. Jake Stringer - like the bull in the China Shop he can leave a trail of damage in his wake. When he's got the ball you sometimes get the feeling he could do ANYTHING! A bullocking, rollicking type who's blessed with great skill, super acceleration and serious strength.

Liam Picken - the competitor's competitor. Never out of a contest. Plays tall, plays small and plays with PASSION.
    JJ - covers the ground like a Thompson's gazelle. And when he puts the after burners on it's "see you later alligator "

I could go on but I think you get the picture.
    By all means please go on I was enjoying that.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    We have the best style of football going around at the present.
    Have a look at the fantastic vision of the boys training up there on the Sunshine Coast. Is this working on a new game plan?

see here - the ball movement in the simulated game is quick.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Have a look at the fantastic vision of the boys training up there on the Sunshine Coast. Is this working on a new game plan?

see here - the ball movement in the simulated game is quick.

Gee they look sharp. They look fit and full of run. They must have come back in pretty good shape on day one of preseason. We have quite a few areas of strength on the field now that we get both Cloke and Crameri, along with continued improvement from McLean (I was pretty impressed with his finals series, has a bit of D. Jarman about him in that he seems to enjoy the big stage) and Boyd (ditto) into the forward line. Dickson to continue to improve and a bit of pressure removed from Stringer should give our midfield and half backs something to aim at.

This season is going to be huge. I must admit to being a bit worried that the players might lose a bit of hunger and we would have a complacent, job done sort of season this year. Watching that footage cheers me up no end.

The coaches are not sitting on their laurels because we looked to bee playing quite a different type of game kicking the ball more often. Hope fully the idea will be to get the ball into the forward line as quickly and as deep as possible. It won't be the "just get it forward somehow and we will work out how to score when we get within range" type style of late last year.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

14. Likes bornadog liked this post