Thanks Thanks:  140
Likes Likes:  278
Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WBFC - Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I heard that too but I also heard it was BS. Right now he's better than nothing so I hope he sees out his contract. Although if if did call it a day it would force us in another direction where we might find a diamond rough.
    Ben Hart was a coach of his and suggested he thinks it's likely. Where did you hear it was BS?

Cloke
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Ben Hart was a coach of his and suggested he thinks it's likely. Where did you hear it was BS?

Cloke
    Doesn't surprise me and wouldn't worry me too much.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Depends on the reason for his departure if it's true.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on the reason for his departure if it's true.
    Sounds like he is not enjoying his footy anymore? Any ideas?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Cloke
    It was pretty much shot down the same night by the Cloke camp.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    It was pretty much shot down the same night by the Cloke camp.
    I hope so, if he's happy to play with us I'm more than happy to have him at the club next year.

Was that reported anywhere or shot down by someone on the radio?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like he is not enjoying his footy anymore? Any ideas?
    Not at all but with a mental health challenge during the season you could understand if he puts his health before footy.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd prefer him at the club. He was working towards some form before Ziebell legally caved his chest in. Since coming back from his break away, he's been building up again. I thought his game on the weekend was his best overall for the club in the role Bevo has in mind CHF/FF/ruck. I'd especially like to see some new mids who can kick it to his advantage. If he had class service we'd be in a love fest over Trav, for example he had his defender dead to rights in the 3rd quarter and all Dunkley had to do was kick a 40m drop punt to his position or over and Trav would've marked and possibly run into a gimme. But he couldn't get ok service, let alone silver service.

I say we help get him happy, we get him fit and we continue the path next year. Ziebell caving his chest in when he couldn't defend himself has robbed Trav and the club.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Likes GVGjr, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'd prefer him at the club. He was working towards some form before Ziebell legally caved his chest in. Since coming back from his break away, he's been building up again. I thought his game on the weekend was his best overall for the club in the role Bevo has in mind CHF/FF/ruck. I'd especially like to see some new mids who can kick it to his advantage. If he had class service we'd be in a love fest over Trav, for example he had his defender dead to rights in the 3rd quarter and all Dunkley had to do was kick a 40m drop punt to his position or over and Trav would've marked and possibly run into a gimme. But he couldn't get ok service, let alone silver service.

I say we help get him happy, we get him fit and we continue the path next year. Ziebell caving his chest in when he couldn't defend himself has robbed Trav and the club.
    I prefer to also keep him, we need some experience in the forward line. What I am saying if he did retire, I would also not be too unhappy.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope so, if he's happy to play with us I'm more than happy to have him at the club next year.

Was that reported anywhere or shot down by someone on the radio?
    It was either radio or one of the multiple football shows I watch. To be honest I can't recall who said it but yeah it was said his management/people that dismissed it. So who knows at this stage.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

I would also love to see Trav get something out of his time with us other than bad memories of broken ribs and depression. I would love to see him enjoying playing football for the Western Bulldogs so that when he does retire he'll call himself a Collingwood/Western Bulldogs player.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

13. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I would also love to see Trav get something out of his time with us other than bad memories of broken ribs and depression. I would love to see him enjoying playing football for the Western Bulldogs so that when he does retire he'll call himself a Collingwood/Western Bulldogs player.
    Ditto. I'd love to know his GPS data, because he seems to be covering more ground than most of our recent tall forwards. That's a hard thing replace, especially when it's the bail out kick player who often marks it. If we can't replace that, then we have more turnovers. We're all good for turnovers.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I want Clokey to stay. He is teaching our young forwards heaps and at least provides an aerial threat- may not hold them as often as he used to but as I recall it not often outmarked. He has a big tank and that instinctive goal he kicked onFriday was pretty damn good. If we had better crumbling forwards would be reaping more reward from his presence inF50.

Post Thanks / Like

Rival clubs are circling versatile midfielder Lukas Webb ahead of the AFL off-season

WESTERN Bulldogs could lose one of its talented young midfielders as rivals circle versatile ball winner Lukas Webb.

The 21-year-old has struggled to lock down a senior berth in his third AFL season and is weighing up his future.
    The Dogs are keen to keep Webb and have offered him a deal to stay for at least the next two years.
    But the No.27 draft pick is eyeing more senior AFL opportunities and looks set to wait until after the season to make a decision.

The depth and strength of the Dogs’ young gun midfield means Webb’s best chance to cement a permanent onball position could be interstate.
    Midfield teammate Lin Jong will return from a knee reconstruction next season, adding further competition for spots in the middle in 2018.

Gold Coast could make a play for Webb to help bolster its thin midfield following a string of player departures including Jaeger O’Meara, Dion Prestia and potentially Gary Ablett.

Webb, from Gippsland, lost his senior place on the eve of the Dogs’ stunning finals campaign last year and was again omitted from the team for Friday night’s loss to Greater Western Sydney.

The goalkicking midfielder has averaged 11 possessions across nine senior games over the past two seasons, including only four senior matches this year.

The Dogs have smartly retained their priority young premiership stars from poaching raids but midfield pair Webb and Clay Smith appear the most vulnerable to other offers after stints in the VFL.

Webb’s form in the VFL has been strong, kicking four goals in a best on ground performance against Coburg three weeks ago.

17. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rival clubs are circling versatile midfielder Lukas Webb ahead of the AFL off-season

WESTERN Bulldogs could lose one of its talented young midfielders as rivals circle versatile ball winner Lukas Webb.

The 21-year-old has struggled to lock down a senior berth in his third AFL season and is weighing up his future.
    The Dogs are keen to keep Webb and have offered him a deal to stay for at least the next two years.
    But the No.27 draft pick is eyeing more senior AFL opportunities and looks set to wait until after the season to make a decision.

The depth and strength of the Dogs’ young gun midfield means Webb’s best chance to cement a permanent onball position could be interstate.
    Midfield teammate Lin Jong will return from a knee reconstruction next season, adding further competition for spots in the middle in 2018.

Gold Coast could make a play for Webb to help bolster its thin midfield following a string of player departures including Jaeger O’Meara, Dion Prestia and potentially Gary Ablett.

Webb, from Gippsland, lost his senior place on the eve of the Dogs’ stunning finals campaign last year and was again omitted from the team for Friday night’s loss to Greater Western Sydney.

The goalkicking midfielder has averaged 11 possessions across nine senior games over the past two seasons, including only four senior matches this year.

The Dogs have smartly retained their priority young premiership stars from poaching raids but midfield pair Webb and Clay Smith appear the most vulnerable to other offers after stints in the VFL.

Webb’s form in the VFL has been strong, kicking four goals in a best on ground performance against Coburg three weeks ago.

I like Webb but if he wants to pursue greater opps at GC let's sit and talk with them. Ditto Smithy if other clubs are circling.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"