Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  27

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs eradicate debt with third straight significant profit

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    It means our cash and other liquid assets exceed our loans. Eg we may still have a loan for $1 million but we also have $1.5 million in cash.
    Don't believe we have loans anymore

You are right we have more cash than needs to be paid out for expenses, wages etc. Great position to be in.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes Eastdog, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Don't believe we have loans anymore

You are right we have more cash than needs to be paid out for expenses, wages etc. Great position to be in.
    I wonder if we will start to do like the wealthier clubs do, that is, with our cash whether we start looking at using the Cat B rookie list much more with international players, players coming from other sports or like we did with Tweedie. The success rate seems low relatively speaking, but it you land a very good or gun player by 'buying' Cat B rookies, that's a huge advantage for the side.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I wonder if we will start to do like the wealthier clubs do, that is, with our cash whether we start looking at using the Cat B rookie list much more with international players, players coming from other sports or like we did with Tweedie. The success rate seems low relatively speaking, but it you land a very good or gun player by 'buying' Cat B rookies, that's a huge advantage for the side.
    I think we are more into promoting our brand and expanding into other areas.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I think we are more into promoting our brand and expanding into other areas.
    Certainly a good use of money off field no doubt, we have to keep growing. I hope we don't neglect ways we can use money for on field pursuits. I liked us taking a punt on Tweedie, despite it not working out.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023