Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RIP Butch Litchfield

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Darren was a hell of a sportsman too wasn't he Ledge? Had a couple of years at the Dogs, but only 1 or 2 senior games, and was a super junior cricketer too?
    Yeah Darren played one game. And yes was a good cricketer , still think he has something to do with cricket at Laverton, my claim to fame is I started playing at Totty took a mate with me who bought Darren along.
    I used to open the batting with Zeno tzatzaris at Totty juniors
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RIP Butch Litchfield

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Yeah Darren played one game. And yes was a good cricketer , still think he has something to do with cricket at Laverton, my claim to fame is I started playing at Totty took a mate with me who bought Darren along.
    I used to open the batting with Zeno tzatzaris at Totty juniors

I played in a team that played a Footscray juniors team that had Merv Hughes, Tony Dodemaide and Colin Miller (and Rainer Reber a keeper who played first class cricket.)

Dodemaide was so fast at the ago of 15 that I still don't know how he got the one that bowled through my defence. Fastest bowler I have ever seen and I played competitive cricket for nearly 35 years. I probably shouldn't have got in his face when I caught him at slip but their coach told our coach that Dodemaide would get 100 against us. We set a plan and Dodemaide fell for it and we were pretty chirpy about it!)
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.