Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  38
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 10, 2018 vs Collingwood

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I'd rather Biggs than Crozier TBH. Crozier has been very disappointing. With Morris and Adams due to return as well I it might be hard for Biggs to get his spot back.
    Crozier has had a chance but hes not got enough credit in the bank to continue playing him

Biggs should come in for him. We will need running power on friday night.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if we will go into Friday unchanged.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Based on the fact it's hard to judge due to this weekend's weather?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Based on the fact it's hard to judge due to this weekend's weather?
    5 day turnaround for the VFL players, plus the extreme weather on Friday made it difficult to judge who played well who didn't.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't see more than 2 changes occurring but given we got dismantled and couldn't score there is a good chance we will dig in and we won't make any changes.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

5 day turnaround for the VFL players, plus the extreme weather on Friday made it difficult to judge who played well who didn't.

It was a good performance in terms of effort. We were just profligate in front of goal.

We were outsmarted but not outcompeted. Do we drop blokes for dumb football? I would.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It was a good performance in terms of effort. We were just profligate in front of goal.

We were outsmarted but not outcompeted. Do we drop blokes for dumb football? I would.
    Yeah it wasn't bad in terms of effort at all. We just did not take our chances plain and simple when we had it on our terms. 18 scoring shots to 16 scoring shots 37 point loss well that tells the story.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I don't think there's a player on our list not named Dale Morris that has the tools to keep the lines of Betts and De Goey honest.
    Just need to remember that Morris looked cooked by the end of last season. He was getting beaten in a lot of contests he would normally win. The game can pass you by quickly at his age so there should not be huge expectations on him after 1 game in the 2's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

Team wide the effort was good, but 1 or 2 players weren't at the level required. Bailey Dale being the prime example. He should be dropped for mine, with a couple more being line ball decisions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Team wide the effort was good, but 1 or 2 players weren't at the level required. Bailey Dale being the prime example. He should be dropped for mine, with a couple more being line ball decisions.
    The wet football really impacted guys like Richards, Lippa, Dale, Webb, and even Mclean who needs some muscle. All of these players are lightly framed and just couldn't go the full 4 quarters in the most atrocious conditions I have seen for years.

I am sticking with no change for Friday.

Post Thanks / Like

The wet football really impacted guys like Richards, Lippa, Dale, Webb, and even Mclean who needs some muscle. All of these players are lightly framed and just couldn't go the full 4 quarters in the most atrocious conditions I have seen for years.

I am sticking with no change for Friday.
    I reckon all of the players you mentioned other than Dale were solid enough. I can accept that his output may have been down in the condions, but 0 tackles when the team laid 100+ really is a damning stat.

Post Thanks / Like

SCHACHE READY FOR RED, WHITE & BLUE DEBUT

WESTERN Bulldogs defender Dale Morris could spend another week in the VFL as he continues his recovery from a partially torn anterior cruciate ligament but recruit Josh Schache is edging closer towards his first AFL appearance of the year.

Morris came through his first game of the year unscathed yesterday, collecting 11 disposals in Footscray’s eight-point win over Werribee in the VFL.

Footscray coach Steve Grace said the Bulldogs would see how the premiership defender pulled up before deciding if he would play against Collingwood on Friday night.

“Short turnaround, see how he pulls up, see what the needs are of the team,” Grace said when asked if Morris would receive a senior call up.

But Grace labelled Schache’s three-goal performance his best game of the season in another encouraging showing from the former No. 2 draft pick.

Schache finished with six marks and 13 disposals to help Footscray to a 13.6 (84) to 11.10 (74) win.

“Each week he has had his best game and he is really working out it’s not only two or three ways in which he can have involvements in the game,” Grace said.

“There are nine or 10 ways he can involve himself in the game at least and I just want to make sure and we want to make sure that he doesn’t put a cap on how much he can grow in so many areas.

“His contest was solid, saw his running ability here today — I think he blew up two opponents.”

13. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Schache's an interesting one. Probably doesn't compete hard enough or defend enough for AFL standards.....but with our goal kicking being at crisis point, I'd be tempted to bring in a bloke who can kick a goal and who can get the odd easy goal. Collingwood have been a side that you can get out the back of and score.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Schache's an interesting one. Probably doesn't compete hard enough or defend enough for AFL standards.....but with our goal kicking being at crisis point, I'd be tempted to bring in a bloke who can kick a goal and who can get the odd easy goal. Collingwood have been a side that you can get out the back of and score.
    I'm a Bailey Dale fan, but what are we losing in terms of defensive effort if Schache comes in for him?
    Pretty sure Schache can replicate his zero tackle effort and Schache demands a tall defender which means Boyd/Roughy/Bont in a marking contest won't get double-teamed.

We have to play pretty much the whole list this year at some point to find out where they are at and while I have my doubts about the Schach he's kicked 9 goals in 3 games so is doing something right.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

16. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Schache was good with some defensive efforts early as James Cummins pointed out. I think he may have fallen away and tired as the game went on which is something we'd want to fix but should hopefully improve with time and conditioning.